Things you should do in an Interview
There are thousands of people who go for interviews every day. People take care of their exterior appearance and go in their best formal outfit for the interview. However, most of the people don't really care of what they do in the interview. There is a certain behavior that most of the candidates exhibit during an interview, which will help increase your chances for getting a second interview call, and ultimately getting your dream job!
Here are some ideal things you should do in an interview:
- Have a Firm Pitch: Not many people know this, but a pitch is a 60 second overview of what your personality is all about and what you will be willing to do for that organization. Always try to say something unique about yourself during the interview, so that it immediately sets you apart from all the others
- Enthusiasm: Always remember that you must show all your enthusiasm during the interview and not later. Make sure that the recruiter knows that you are excited to be there, and happy to discuss your background, your abilities and skills, and how you will be bringing them to bear on the organization you are interviewing for
- Research: Before you step inside the interview room, make sure that you have done your homework and researched about the organization, about the opportunity and if possible about the person who will be interviewing you. This pre-work will definitely reduce your stress, which will make you perform better. Think about all your weaknesses and strengths and have specific examples set for both. It shows the recruiter that you are self aware, articulate and mature while you are discussing tough topics. Remember, during the process of interview, past performance will indicate your future performance. Therefore, always make sure that you make a strong first impression and you will get the edge over all the other candidates
- Show them that you think on your feet: No one knows how to answer every single question answered in the interview, but you should be able to give your best and answer every possible question. Never make things up, if you don't have any clue, but try to be creative and make a comparison of how you have done something, which is remotely related to the question. If you have to pause before you give an answer, then feel free to do so. It will show maturity, composure and intelligence
- Tell them know that you can persevere: You should know that perseverance is critical when it comes to business. We won't be able to win with the client always, fir under the budget or make a trade. Therefore, you will have to stay tenacious and constantly keep trying to raise your status quo. Remember that this will always pay off in the end. Never be afraid for asking questions and getting their feedback when things are not going alright. You will learn a lot of things when nothing is working out, so don't miss out on the opportunity
There are many other qualities for success during interview, but the above listed are the best. Candidates will always wander in opposite direction. These qualities will give you the right direction, do well!