Chief Representative Resume
A chief representative is the one who represents a specific department, organization, or a group of people such as a labor union. He/she has to act on behalf of the group or department he/she represents and put forth the views, opinions, or proposals and take decisions. For example, a chief customer service representative will act on behalf of the department, whereas a chief sales representative will be the representative of the sales and marketing department. Exact job duties may vary with the organization and the department, but the main objective will be the same.
A perfect chief representative resume will be the one that gives an accurate description regarding the qualifications of the applicant. This description is made up of several details such as the work experience, technical and nontechnical skills, academic achievements, etc. All these details need to be written in a meticulous format, so that the employer finds it easy to learn about the applicant and is not forced to spend much time to do so.
To get more guidance on resume writing, read the sample provided below. This sample gives a perfect illustration as to how your resume should be in order to generate a positive response from the employer.
Chief Representative Resume Example
Gregory M. Ellison
3672 Oakmound Drive
Chicago, IL 60606
To work as a chief representative with “ABC Corporation,” and assist in establishing and delivering goals of the company in a timely manner.
Summary of Skills:
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment under stringent deadlines while delivering the desired results
- Excellent skills of time and resource management, team building, communication, and conflict resolution
- Well-versed in a large number of applications used in conventional business organization
- Can easily adapt myself to the changing requirements and environment and learn and apply new skills and techniques efficiently
- Comfortable to spend additional time and efforts in order to meet the job requirements and execution of additional tasks
Silver Rabbit Technologies, Chicago, IL
October 2014 - Present
- Responding to the queries and conflicts escalated by the junior associates
- Recruiting, training, evaluating, and promoting staff in the department and conducting periodic training sessions
- Devising and implementing new strategies to reduce Agent Response Time (ART) at the call centers
- Investigating into cases of complaints filed against the agents for rude behavior and taking necessary actions
- Preparing records to assess performance of the team on a weekly and monthly basis and presenting the reports to the senior staff in monthly meetings
- Driving and motivating team members in setting and achieving business targets
Gordon Inc., Chicago, IL
February 2013 - September 2014
- Defined objective and principles for each department and coordinated with the heads
- Assigned monthly targets for each team and investigated into incidents, where grievances of the customers were not resolved properly
- Assessed performance of all the teams and prepared reports and graphs to analyze the differences between targets assigned and the targets accomplished
- Recruited, trained, instructed, and supervised the team leaders
- Developed and executed strategies to fill the gap in communication and internal work procedures
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration
ABC University, Chicago, IL