Classroom Aide Resume
Classroom aides usually work in a school, day care center, colleges and universities. They assist the teacher teaching in the classroom and perform a range of tasks. Inside the classroom, the these professionals will take attendance; distribute answer sheets, notebooks, collect copies of homework and check them, photocopy notes for the students, etc. Outside the classroom, they will have to supervise the students in the playground, cafeteria or physical training sessions. The teachers may assign many other duties to the classroom aides which they perform diligently.
How to write a Classroom Aide Resume
Classroom aide resume, or teachers assistant resume is a prerequisite for the professionals who are looking for new avenues to work in this profile. A resume will speak volumes once you know what needs to be included to make it informative and supportive for you.
The three basic inclusions for a classroom assistant resume are personal information, professional background and inherent skills. To make matter simple, a sample classroom aide resume is provided herewith to be adopted for writing your own profile document.
Classroom Aide Resume Example
12, Roseville Apartments, Hoffman Avenue
Jacksonville, Florida 51220
An experienced candidate with comprehensive knowledge and understanding of practices followed within educational institutes, seeks to work as a classroom aide in a renowned school.
Skills as a Classroom Aide
- Thorough knowledge of the processes and practices followed at educational institutes
- Excellent leadership and communication skills that enhance proper coordination with the students and teachers
- Ability to handle and set up audio visual equipment such as computers, television, projectors, etc. required in the classroom and student gatherings
- Unbiased worker who renders equal attention to every student; irrespective of caste, gender, color or any other factor
- Proficient in basic and advanced software packages used in educational institutes
- Highly energetic and passionate to deliver best for every task
Classroom Aide at Holy Hearts School, Jacksonville
December 2013 - present
Job functions and responsibilities:
Classroom Aide at Morgan Vincent Educational Academy, Jacksonville
- Assisting the teacher in classroom activities including distribution of notebooks, cleaning blackboard, emptying the trash, collecting homework notebooks from students, etc.
- Supervising the students during school picnics, sports periods, physical training sessions and during free periods
- Marking attendance and cross checking attendance during second half, filing weekly and monthly attendance reports
- Assisting the kitchen staff and purchasing grocery and other requirements for preparation of lunch
- Reporting inappropriate behavior of the students to the teacher
- Checking and grading homework for kindergarten students
- Setting up audio visual equipment for classes and school events
April 2011 - November 2013
Job functions and responsibilities:
- Assisted teachers in the preparation of teaching plans and implementing the plans successfully
- Maintained a playful yet strict environment in the classroom
- Collected notebooks and checked homework done by the students
- Supervised the students during group assignments, outdoor activities, games periods, etc.
- Kept digital records of individual attendance, homework submission and other classroom activities
- Performed housekeeping activities and communicated with the vendors for supply of groceries, vegetables and other requirements
- Assisted in the preparation of question papers for internal and external assessment procedures
- Monitored individual progress and communicated with the parents of students regarding overall behavior in the premises
- Certificate in teaching,
St. Peter's Institute of learning (2010)
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Applications
South Florida University (2009)
Will be provided on request.