Medication Aide Resume
A medication aide works in a hospital, retirement homes or at doctor's office and assist in the day to day operations. The job role of a medication assistant may vary from performing clerical tasks such as scheduling appointments, maintaining records of visitors, answering telephone calls to clinical tasks such as monitoring vital signs of a patient, performing lab tests, administering medicines and any other duties assigned by the Registered Nurse or Physician.
Applying for a job
What does an employer expect from a prospective employee? An employer will expect that the person he/she is going to hire meets the job responsibilities perfectly. Hence, before expecting to be hired, you need to prove it by providing a detailed explanation of your knowledge, skills and experience gained as a medication assistant.
Another important factor that affects your selection is the language that you adopt and the format of the details that you provide in the resume. Write your resume in a very simple language and write your previous work experiences and academic qualifications in a reverse chronological order.
You can learn more about resume writing by following the sample medication aide resume mentioned below.
Medication Aide Resume Example
454, Chatham Lane, Costa Avenue
Charlotte, North Carolina 41221
A certified medication aide with thorough understanding of clerical tasks and medical administration, intends to work for a reputed health care organization.
Professional Skills as a Medication Aide:
- Experienced in performing clinical and clerical tasks simultaneously in a healthcare facility
- Proficient in different software packages used in medical administration
- Ability to operate the equipment used in lab tests and health monitoring
- Ability to manage proper flow of communication across different departments, clients and vendors
- Well versed with professional ethics, safety standards and sanitization procedures
Medication Aide at Dexter Healthcare Institute, Charlotte
Employed Since August 2013
- Interacting with the patients visiting the clinic and scheduling appointments accordingly
- Making patient files and recording the vital signs and other symptoms after preliminary checkup
- Cleaning and sterilizing the equipment before and after lab tests and surgeries
- Making arrangements for the clinical stock including surgical gloves, syringes, medicines and other stock
- Collecting payments and maintaining accounts
- Communicating with the insurance agents, medical representatives and other people
Medication Aide at Civil Healthcare Clinic, Charlotte
Employed from January 2011 to July 2013
- Performed clinical tasks including preparation and administering medicines and conducted lab tests
- Prepared the necessary documents regarding patient admission and medical administration reports
- Communicated with the insurance company to discuss possible healthcare insurance plans for our clients
- Maintained the necessary stock for emergency situations and replaced the expired medicines and damaged equipment from the clinic
- Observed the progress/regress status of patient's and reported the same to the doctor
- Made the necessary arrangements of sponsors and volunteers for blood donation camp held in the clinic
Academic Qualifications and Certifications:
- Certified Medication Aide
North Carolina Medical University
- High School Diploma
Good Charlotte High School