Mental Health Aide Resume
Metal health aides are the caregivers for the mentally ill patients in a health care facility or residence. Mentally ill patients are unable to perform many basic tasks in life and it is the responsibility of the mental healthcre aide to provide the necessary assistance so that the patients can live well. Mental healthcare aides help the patients in bathing, eating, dressing and other activities. They also provide emotional support to the patients and monitor their mental and physical wellbeing. They also bond with the patients and act as a companion at times.
Applying for a job
This is where your resume plays an important role because the employers seek professionals who can fulfill the job responsibilities efficiently.
In your resume, you have to be descriptive with the information. Be it personal and contact details or the professional experience and skills, everything needs to be perfect so that the reader is not forced to read your resume more than once. This is a job where personal and soft skills help in developing a positive relationship with the patients and you need to write the same without fail.
Refer to the sample mental health aide resume below to know more.
Mental Health Aide Resume Example
2817, Westar Lane, Koln Avenue
Denver, Colorado 81002
Contact: (325) 728-4011
Intend to work as a mental health aide on the basis of my experience, skills and the passion to provide healthcare services and a degree in behavioral science.
Professional Skills as a Mental Health Aide:
- Comfortable working in a team of like minded individuals who are dedicated to provide healthcare services
- Experienced in working with patients of different age groups and mental disorders
- Well versed with behavior management, crisis management and other procedures adopted at mental healthcare facilities
- Knowledge of maintaining and updating digital records for overall operations of a healthcare facility
- Ability to develop a personal bonding with the patients and ensure their wellbeing through constant support
- Passionate to learn and adopt new skills
Mental Health Aide at Russell Healthcare Foundation, Denver
Employed Since March 2013
- Admitting new patients and making the necessary arrangements in the patient room
- Monitoring vital signs and other symptoms of the patients and recording the details on paper and computer
- Assisting the patients in eating, bathing, dressing and moving around the facility
- Watching the changes in a patients physical condition and mental behavior and discussing the progress/regress with the Doctor
- Administering medicines and its effects on the patients
Mental Health Aide at Roxanne Healthcare Clinic, Denver
Employed From April 2011 to February 2013
- Assisted the patients in their daily activities and monitored their behavior on a regular basis
- Assisted the doctor in devising treatment pattern and recreational activities for individuals with special requirements and groups with common requirements
- Performed therapeutic massages on the patients
- Participated in the recreational activities with the patients
- Performed housekeeping activities
- Performed clerical tasks and purchased the medicinal and surgical stock
Academic Qualifications and Certifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Behavioral Science
Colorado Medical University
- High School Diploma
St Augustine High School