Stockroom Assistant Resume
A stockroom assistant works in the inventory department of the organization. They are responsible for managing the sufficient stocks supplies for the organization. They oversee the purchases and sales of goods and ensure organization does not fall short of the required stocks. Therefore, these stockroom assistants need to possess excellent management, accounting and communication skills to be able to perform their functions efficiently. They may work in retail shops by managing the sell-able goods or with organizations by managing the raw materials or manufactured goods.
If you wish to begin your career as a stockroom assistant, here is a stockroom assistant resume for your reference. This resume sample will help you to understand the exact qualification and responsibilities to be highlighted in the resume to gain attention form the recruiters.
Stockroom Assistant Resume Example
14, Palm street, Phoenix, AZ 15542
Telephone number: 166 - 101 - xxxx
Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Seeking the position of a stockroom assistant to ensure efficient maintenance of the stocks of the organization and contribute in smooth running of the retail shop.
- Proficient knowledge in inventory management
- Excellent organizational, task and material management abilities
- Independent and self motivated individual
- Exceptional abilities to pay attention to details and maintain accuracy
- Possess Physical fitness to manage actual movement of goods
Designation: Stockroom Assistant
Organization: Phoenix Mega Mall, Phoenix
Duration: January 2013 - till date
- Assist the stocks manager in performing routine functions and ensure smooth purchases and sales operations
- Prepare list of the supplies to be acquired, sent purchase orders to vendors and ensure timely receipts of goods
- Maintain record of goods received, dispatched and returned. Prepare and submit weekly, monthly inventory reports.
- Check the received goods against the ordered goods. Ensure compliance with the expected quality standards and quantity requirements.
- Coordinate activities between the vendors, customers and the management of the organization
: Stockroom Assistant
: Blue Bird Retailers, Phoenix
: October 2011 - December 2012
- Manage the inventory of the organization and ensure sufficient stock of goods
- Update buyers on non-availability of goods. Inform them about the date and duration when stocks would be available.
- Receive merchandise and verify the goods against the purchase orders. Return defective, damaged or any goods not meeting the required standards.
- Coordinate with the accounts department to ensure accurate posting of accounting entries and maintenance of inventory accounts
- Keep track of the goods newly introduced in markets. Update the organization about the same and maintain stocks of those goods.
- Competent in using accounting and data management software along with MS office applications
- Qualification : Associate Degree in Business Administration
Awarding Body: Phoenix University, 2012
- Qualification: Diploma in Supply Chain Management
Awarding Body: Phoenix University, 2010
Will be provided on request.