Students Library Assistant Resume
The job of a library assistant is to manage the daily functions and operations of the library of a school, college, or university. He assists the head librarian in maintaining routine library operations. Mainly, the job holder is responsible for record keeping. The person coordinates several activities of the library and also assists in repairing and binding books, and general office duties. He maintains accounts of the library as well in terms of the memberships fees received or receivable; purchase and sale of books etc. The assistant also performs certain promotional activities to improve library membership.
Good communication skill and a pleasing personality are essential as the job holder constantly need to communicate with members and external associates as well. In addition, computer proficiency and experience in opening and closing membership accounts, collecting payment, and recording assets of the library are compulsory.
Students Library Assistant Resume Example
David S. Henderson
4075 Walnut Hill Drive
Dayton, OH 45402
With a passion for reading and interest to work with books, my aim is to combine passion and interest for working as a students library assistant in your reputed university.
Summary of Skills:
- Knowledge of library management practices, procedures and protocols
- Ability to handle members accounts and record fees received, fees due, and payment done to books suppliers
- Strong data management and record keeping abilities
- Excellent customer support skills such as communication, attentiveness, respect, and problem-solving abilities
- Matured to maintain confidentiality of members and library assets
Students Library Assistant
Stevenson's Arts College, Dayton, OH
July 2013 - Present
- Responsible for routine library activities and assisting head librarian
- Preparing purchase orders for new books and forwarding them to the book vendors
- Accepting and processing requests from members for new books on diverse topics
- Managing library cataloging system efficiently and providing unique identification code to the newly purchased books
- Ensuring library members adhere to the obligations and regulations concerning acquiring or terminating membership, purchase of books, behavior protocol within the library, etc.
Students Library Assistant
Sky-Limit High School, Dayton, OH
March 2012 - June 2013
- Supervised the library operations and ensured its smooth functioning
- Ensured safe upkeep of the library books, and fined students for not maintaining books in original conditions
- Planned and protected incidences such as theft, scribbling on pages, and passing letters
- Discarded the old or torn books and arranged for replacements
- Collected membership fees from student and maintained accurate accounts of the fees received and receivable
- Issued library card to new members and updated card with relevant entries for every exchange of book
- Associate Degree in Library Management
Dayton University, Dayton, OH