Transportation Assistant Resume
Given here is transportation assistant resume example. This resume example presents the professional resume writing format of reverse chronological order. Additionally, it presents the impressive manner of presenting the key credentials like key skills, educational qualifications and work experience details. Also, find here a brief job description of a transportation assistant for your reference.
Transportation Assistant Job Description
A transportation assistant is a part of the freight department of the organization. They oversee the transportation of goods from suppliers to the unit and from the unit towards the retailers. They need to possess sound knowledge about the various transportation services options that can be utilized along with the advantages and shortcomings of each. They need to cater to the transportation needs of the organization and ensure goods are transported to the right place and at right time without any damages. They do not need to possess any specific educational qualifications but need to have strong attentiveness, coordination, communication and pressure handling abilities.
Transportation Assistant Resume Example
17, Elm Street, Boston, MA 45502
Telephone number: 455 - 232 - xxxx
To gain the position of a transportation assistant and utilize my knowledge and skills in handling the freight department of the organization.
- Knowledge of the different transportation options available, its advantages, disadvantages and suitability to company profile
- Proficient knowledge of the safe shipment procedures
- Capability of communicating and coordinating with staff members and external associates as per the requirement
- Profound ability in handling multiple responsibilities simultaneously and performing work under time constraint
PQW Cargo Transporters Inc, Boston
Since January 2013
- Responsible to ensure the transported goods reach the right audience, at right time and in the prescribed manner
- Prepare and maintain all documents related to transportation activities, as per the regulations mentioned by business law
- Advise the organization on choosing the most suitable mode of transport that fits in budget limitations, and ensures timely delivery of goods
- Supervise the transportation process to ensure there is no theft, damage or tampering of the goods in transit
KLM Manufacturers Inc, Boston
August 2011 - December 2012
- Handle all tasks and functions related to transportation of goods from suppliers to manufacturing unit and from there to the retailers
- Verify all documents required to transport goods from one place to another
- Make certain the goods are being transported as per the contractual terms and conditions
- Make efforts at reducing the transportation costs, risks and wastages
- Assess the liability costs in case of lost or damaged goods. Make arrangements to compensate for the deficit in goods so caused
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration
Available upon request.