Vet Tech Assistant Resume
A veterinary technician assistant is not trained or qualified in performing diagnosis and treatment on animals. He is rather an experienced person who has worked in the animal care field for a few years and thus become capable of assisting the veterinarians in animal treatment. His job role includes greeting patients, filling forms, preparing and pulling charts, answering phone calls, making appointments, making arrangements for pick-up and drop of animal patients, measuring weights of animals, preparing bills and taking payments, etc.
Vet Tech Assistant Resume Example
Robert J. Plante
3469 Conference Center Way
Bloomsburg, PA 17815
To work as a veterinary technician assistant at “City Zoo,” and help veterinarians and the zoo staff in taking care of animals and keeping records of their health and nutrition.
Summary of Skills:
- Proficient with medical terminologies, tests procedures, first aid and nursing practices related to animal care
- Love for animals along with willingness to go the extra mile and care for them
- Knowledge about the dietary requirements and behavior of animals
- Ability to handle emergencies and pressure situations with ease and efficiency
- Skilled in conversing with pet owners and instructing them on pet care
Vet Tech Assistant
Pet Care Clinic, Bloomsburg, PA
September 2013 - Present
- Supporting the head veterinary doctor in diagnosing and treating animals
- Performing administrative duties as instructed by the team of doctors
- Holding and controlling animals while administering medicines, inserting feeding tubes, giving vaccinations, recording temperatures, etc.
- Observing the health conditions of the animals, taking down the changes, and managing their dietary requirements and medications
- Investigating any incident of misbehavior or cruelty towards animals
- Performing first aid on animals and complaining against the offenders under the charges of animal protection act violation
Vet Tech Assistant
Blue Cross Veterinary Clinic, Bloomsburg, PA
April 2012 - August 2013
- Performed initial medical inspections of the admitted animals, collected samples, and performed tests to confirm the exact nature of disease or disorder
- Performed pre-operative functions, namely, administering anesthesia to the patients, cleaning the area to be operated, keeping the medicines and instruments ready, etc.
- Filed and maintained records of patients admitted into clinic, and prepared charts describing their medical conditions and treatments administered
- Supported the head veterinary doctor in visiting several animal facilities like pet stores, horse racing facility, etc. and performed routine medical inspection on animals
- Guided pet-owners on dietary requirements and vaccinations for their animals
High School Diploma
Cherry School, Bloomsburg, PA