Wardrobe Assistant Resume
Wardrobe assistants are also known as costume attendants, personal appearance workers or image consultants. They may work in fashion, lifestyle, drama, film, arts, or entertainment industry. Their task involves maintaining the garments and the accessories used by artists. Their role is very important to the artists and the production teams as they ensure timely availability of the clothes and in the fit-to-be worn conditions. They have an excellent sense of garments up-keep, dressing and accessorizing techniques. With sufficient work experience, a wardrobe assistant may work as a personal image consultant in the later stage of their careers.
The wardrobe assistant should hold excellent sewing skills and ability to design and style clothes. He or she should also have abilities to recognize the feel and texture of various types of clothing materials. Above all, good communication, organizational, and people skills are must for the job. See how these job qualities are defined in the following job application sample.
Wardrobe Assistant Resume Example
Francisco J. Loftis
1576 Tree Frog Lane
Kansas City, MO 64131
Looking for a wardrobe assistant job with “Cascade Parks & Entertainment,” to handle wardrobe needs of artists and inventory of costumes.
Summary of Skills:
- Strong experience of plays and drama costuming
- Excellent sense of quality, color, and texture of different types of fabrics
- Ability to handle inventory of costumes
- Adept in sorting out and laundering clothes
- Excellent knowledge of costumes fitting characters
- Stay abreast with the latest in fashion and entertainment industries
Mirror Production House, Kansas City, MO
June 2013 - Present
- Coordinate activities between wardrobe supervisors, costume makers, artists, production director while making any decision related to wardrobe management
- Provide expertise on personal grooming, dressing, hairstyles or accessorizing, as and when required
- Maintain company's garments and accessories efficiently to ensure their quality and richness remains intact and for longer duration of use
- Meet the laundry, dry cleaning, care, mending and storage requirements of the garments regularly
- Assist the wardrobe staff to select the material, design, cut and stitch the garment, as per the requirement
Hats-off Production House, Kansas City, MO
January 2012 - May 2013
- Took down details of the costume requirements from the production director and collected the items from the market on behalf of the production team
- Updated the organization about the recent trends and developments in the field of fashion, personal grooming, hairstyles, accessories, etc.
- Ensured safe upkeep of garments and accessories and took care that no costume gets misplaced, torn or damaged
- Ensured costumes are arranged in orderly manner prior to the beginning of the shows
- Assisted artists with selecting costumes suiting their characters
- ook body measurements of artists and placed orders for clothing
High School Diploma
Jolly School, Kansas City, MO