Deli Clerk Resume
Deli clerks work in food industry. However, they do not work in the sophisticated environment of restaurant or hotels, but work at stores, malls or at small setups on the streets that sell prepared cheese, salads, meats, etc. As the setting they work in are usually small, they have to perform multiple and varied tasks. They manage the food stalls efficiently and oversee every activity of preparing food items, serving customers, receiving payments, maintaining accounts and stocks. They may handle stocks and accounts as well, if need be.
To work as a clerk in a deli store, you must be sociable first since lots of interaction with customers is involved in the job. Some deli store will also follow dress code. Hence, show your willingness to wear safety shoes, smock, and hair net in the job. As the job is related to the food industry, being hygienic is an important quality too. Moreover, knowledge of products sold and operating deli equipment are also compulsory. All these experience, skills, and knowledge are given in this job application sample.
Deli Clerk Resume Example
Patrick A. Avila
886 Duncan Avenue
New York, NY 10007
To work as a deli clerk at "Tasty Foods, Inc." and provide high quality over-the-counter service to customers, handle deli equipment, and maintain stock of the products in the store.
Summary of Skills:
- Experience in handling meat, seafood, and dairy products
- Outstanding arithmetic calculation and customer service skills
- Experience in preparing salads, sandwiches, seafood, hamburgers, hot dogs, fried chicken, etc.
- Comfortable in operating deli equipment and complying with dress code
- Strong knowledge of product sold at deli store and satisfy customers' questions
- Posses excellent communication, professionalism, and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work in varying temperature, stand, bend, stoop, climb, lift and push weight of 50 lbs
Shoppers Bay Mall, New York, NY
April 2013 - Present
- Interacting with customers and providing caring and efficient services
- Helping customers in locating products, loading and unloading items
- Answering telephone for inquiries and accepting order for home delivery
- Reviewing orders of customers and overseeing their preparation and serving
- Anticipating customers' requirements and stocking products to meet their demand
- Operating and cleaning deli equipment and keeping the stocking and serving area clean
- Slicing, weighting, and wrapping deli items and escorting customers to the parking lot
ProMart Mall, New York, NY
July 2011 - March 2013
- Provided excellent over-the-counter services and handled cash, check, and credit card payment
- Verified weight, prices, and numbers of items and billed customers accordingly
- Took orders and assisted in the preparation of salads, sandwiches, fried food, etc.
- Handled deli, dairy, and frozen product with care and maintained their taste be keeping in appropriate temperature
- Followed dress code, handled refrigerated goods, and maintained delivery schedules
- Displayed goods in the deli department for easy locating and accessing
- Operated electric slicers, ovens, dishwasher, grinder, knives, oil-filtering machine, etc.
High School Diploma
St. Jude School, New York, NY
Food Handlers Certification
ABC Technical Institute, New York, NY