Assistant Coach Resume
Assistant coaches sweat more than the head coaches as they are on the ground and with the players for most of the training time. Besides, monitoring training and coaching players, they also take care of the sport equipment and ensure the playground is well maintained. Though they execute orders of the head coaches, they are capable of direct coaching as well. They assist senior coaches in sport they have played and are familiar with the rules and regulations of. Whenever the school or college is participating in any competition, it is the assistant coach duty to arrange for transportation and meals for the players and supporting staff. They coordinate with the team managers and take care that the team do not face any problem.
A job application for an assistant coach position to an educational institute or a sport club should list the candidate's experience, both as a player and a coach, of that specific sport. If the candidate is related to hockey, the document must speak about this particular sport only. Most importantly, the application must state experience of administrative duties and supportive role.
Assistant Coach Resume Example
Hung E. Wolken
4176 McVaney Road
Charlotte, NC 28202
To acquire the position of an assistant coach with a reputed sports academy and utilize my knowledge of locating and nurturing young talents with potential to bring glory to the nation.
Summary of Skills:
- Thorough knowledge about the regulations, procedures and formats of several sports
- Highly skillful at teaching and training students and monitoring progress
- Ability to communicate, consult and advise students in a friendly manner
- Capability to motivate students to enhance the performance and improve their standards
- Superior managerial, coordination and organization skills
- Skilled in motivating players to identify, develop, and exceed their limit
Lincoln Management College, Charlotte, NC
October 2013 - Present
- Assisting the lead coaches in planning for training sessions and holding practice matches
- Ensuring discipline among players and compulsory attendance during warm-up and practice sessions
- Observing closely performance of each players and the entire team, and making necessary improvements
- Maintaining the availability of the required sporting gears and equipment, and ordering for new equipment for better performance
- Acting as a liaison between head coaches and players, and establishing effective communication between them
St Peters High School, Charlotte, NC
October 2012 - September 2013
- Taught students the basics of several games such as football, hockey, baseball, tennis, etc.
- Instructed students on following sports regulations, formats and game techniques, and saving from injuries
- Conducted daily exercise sessions and practice drills, and kept innovating routine for sustaining players' interest
- Explained players about game plans and strategies before the game
- Supported the head coach in conducting trials and identifying the strengths and abilities of each player to train them for that particular game
- Performed certain secretarial and managerial functions, as instructed by the head coach
- Bachelor's Degree in Physical Education
Charlotte University, Charlotte, NC