Hospital Controller Resume
A hospital controller oversees and manages general accounting functions and staff. He/she takes care of payroll, accounts payable, hiring, business economics and general accounting. The job holder works closely with the Chief Financial Officer to ensure that the financial position and earnings of the hospital are correctly stated, and proper controls are in place for collecting, organizing and recording the financial data.
To control the accounting department and staff of a hospital, a degree in accounting or business is the first thing aspirant should obtain. In addition, management experience of at least 5 years and proficiency in advanced financial software programs are must to appear in a job application.
Hospital Controller Resume Example
29 Bayberry Court
Gateway, GA 30372
To work as a hospital controller for “Smart Hospital” and control the entire accounting operations with my finance and business knowledge and management experience.
Summary of Skills:
- Extensive knowledge of the principles and practices of healthcare budgeting and financial management
- Comprehensive knowledge of the principles and methods of accounting
- Familiar with mathematical and statistical concepts and applications
- In-depth knowledge of health care industry and legal obligations related to it
- Detail oriented, ability to work well under pressure with extensive knowledge of working in hospital environment
- Proficient in computer applications like Microsoft office, Excel spreadsheets, PowerPoint presentations and other related programs
- Outstanding communication and organizational skills
St. Luke Healthcare, Gateway, GA
June 2012 - Present
- Responsible for creating a fair-practice and friendly culture-based environment
- Ensuring that all the financial records are maintained in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and accounts are reconciled in a timely manner
- Responsible for hiring, training and performance evaluation of the accounting staff
- Performing responsibilities of implementing and revising methods and systems to improve departmental efficiency
- Handling responsibilities of providing departmental support in areas of tax returns preparation, cost reports, bond reports, and state charity reports
- Providing financial advice to the management for enhancing health care services
- Providing direction and supervision for accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, budgeting, audits, internal controls, payroll, etc.
Alos Health Group, Gateway, GA
April 2010 - May 2012
- Prepared monthly financial statement in accordance with the generally accepted accounting principles
- Reviewed internal accounting and cost management controls for the entities and made necessary recommendations
- Handled accounts payable and accounts receivable for the health group
- Monitored and supervised payroll process and provided support to the accounting staff
- Assisted in preparation and performing internal and external audits
- Managed capital acquisition process and prepare documentation of the same
- Evaluated and enhanced accounting standards and processes followed by the facility
Bachelor's degree in Finance
University of Georgina, Gateway, GA
Will be pleased to furnish upon request.