Adolescent Counselor Resume
Lots of physical, mental, and emotional changes occur during the growing age in a person's life. As this phase is important to decide the future, one wrong step or decision can have adverse impact on anyone's life. Youngsters are more prone to take to drugs, alcohol, and other addictions. Hence, proper counseling and guidance at this age is important for shaping their future. Adolescent Counselors are matured, qualified, and professional who know the turmoil young people go through. Their experience and counseling prove to be a great help to youngsters in the adolescent stage.
Their job profile includes identification of cases of domestic abuse and grave family problems that may hinder the growth of a student. The counselors have to consult parents, teachers, school administrators, peers, medical professionals, social workers to identify and solve problems with adolescent. They help youngsters in developing a positive frame of mind and achieve overall development.
If you have the innate capacity to interact with people and understand their problems, are compassionate and accurate in diagnosing problems, you are fit for this job. While preparing your job application, you must try to keep it short and precise. It is through this resume that you are going to reach your potential employer before you see him in person.
Adolescent Counselor Resume Example
Kevin C. Stanley
2830 Goosetown Drive
Newland, NC 28657
To work as an Adolescent Counselor in a reputed organization where I can use my professional skills and psychology to help youngsters overcome mental problems and addictions.
Summary of Skills:
- Experience working with children and adolescents suffering with behavioral disorders
- Strong knowledge state and federal regulations in counseling and treating adolescents
- Good understanding of the psychological, developmental and emotional problems students face in their adolescent stage
- Comprehensive knowledge of Drug-free Workplace policies and Workplace Violence
- Proficient with database contact management applications and contact management strategies
- Ability to provide positive and stress-free environment to youngster to open up
- Matured, compassionate, and professional in communicating with children and adolescents
- Working knowledge of MS Office suite and Internet
Aspire Youth Center, Newland, NC
September 2012 - Present
- Communicate with patients and family members and identify psychological and other problems
- Assist medical professionals in conducting behavioral health intervention programs
- Respect confidentiality of patients and document all necessary paperwork
- Conduct weekend seminars on 'All Round Personality Development'
- Deliver lectures on 'Sound Mind in Sound Body' and motivate youngsters to participate
- Collaborate with schools and colleges and conduct workshop on 'Addiction-free Life'
- Attend phone calls and provide telephonic and face-to-face counseling
Adolescent Counselor Assistant
Phoenix Counselors Pvt. Ltd., Newland, NC
January 2010 - August 2012
- Liaised with community agencies, healthcare professionals, and vendors for counseling and treatment of patients
- Assisted patients in meeting treatment needs and coping with pressure
- Provided counseling to youngsters with drugs and alcohol additions
- Conducted seminars on importance of meditation and yoga
- Planned and conducted sports activities to divert youngsters' minds from negative thoughts
- Bachelor's Degree in Psychology
Prime College, Newland, NC