Education Counselor Resume
What course to take in order to land a job is the toughest question faced by students. It becomes difficult for them to choose the correct academic program for the success of their professional lives. Education Counselor comes to the rescue of such students. They not only guide students in joining the right program, but also help in finding employment through their reference.
These counselors stay abreast with the changing needs of education and the job trends. They use the knowledge of career-oriented courses and job opportunities. They work as a friend, mentor, and guide to students throughout their academic tenure. They help students grow as an individual and as a a professional.
The responsibilities of this post include monitoring the Education progress of students, helping them in linking various study programs, establishing and sustaining a good relationship with other advisors and departments.
Education Counselor Resume Example
Brett R. Ervin
2591 Hinkle Deegan Lake Road
Lexington, KY 40505
I want to work as an Education Counselor for “City College” and help students in taking up the right academic course that will help them in future.
Summary of Skills:
- Comprehensive knowledge of the prevailing education systems
- Adept in providing education counseling services to students and parents
- Thorough knowledge of the current career opportunities and related courses
- Proficient in written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to empathize with students problems, and resolve them
- Expert in using computer, internet, and network for students' placement
Lotus School, Lexington, KY
November 2012 - Present
- Providing education counseling services to students and parents
- Conducting seminars on career counseling for high school and college students
- Conducting a thorough research about the prevalent job trends and promising career opportunities
- Acting as a successful link between students and various industrial organizations
- Examining and evaluating the academic progress of students
- Conducting parents' talks in order to give them the idea of their child's growth
Kempt College, Lexington, KY
April 2010 - October 2012
- Worked as a supervisor for the student case load management and looked into the progression, retention, completion and re-entry.
- Motivated students to have a positive approach towards studies
- Kept in touch with ex-students through emails and phone calls at regular intervals and stayed informed on their career growth
- Monitored data integrity management systems for registration, demographic and communication history of students
- Delivered lectures on personality development and arranged group discussion programs
- Updated database of current and pass-out students
- Develop positive relationship with students, staff, and parents
- Bachelor's Degree in Education
Blossom College, Lexington, KY