Financial Counseling Resume
Planning payment of your dues, picking up the best insurance policy, saving for retirement, and meeting medical and other personal expenses are best managed if you plan your finances properly. In case you are not sure how to manage them, take a help of financial counselor. A counselor will charge you a nominal fee but the kind of help he or she provides will ensure you a peace of mind and a better life.
Financial counselors are experts in managing personal finances. They help people in debt to seek financial help and schedule payment of dues. A job like this where knowledge of finance management plays a key role in helping clients must have a degree in economics or finance. In addition, knowledge of how the finance institutes, banks, and other types of money-lending centers work is also necessary.
This job application sample has the knowledge and experience any financial counseling firms look for.
Financial Counseling Resume Example
Eugene P. Nicholas
4821 Hawks Nest Lane
Saint Louis, MO 63108
Drawing a thin line between income and expenditure is a must to lead a debt-free life, and that is what many fail to do. As an experienced financial counselor, I would like to help clients plan and manage their finances, chose the best insurance policy, save for retirement, medical, and other personal expenses.
Summary of Skills
- Experience in financial counseling and finance management
- Ability to guide and assist clients in overcoming financial problems
- Comprehensive knowledge of policies and procedures of banks, and financial institutions
- Skilled in assessing personal finances and providing solutions
- Ability to collect credit history, current interest rate, late payment charges, etc.
- Experience in reading loan, insurance, mortgage, and other types of financial documents
- Skilled in assisting clients in developing payment plans and settle dues
Principal Financial Group, Saint Louis, MO
December 2013 - Present
- Meeting clients and collecting information of personal finances
- Reading tax documents, bank statements, credit card statements, and loan documents
- Reviewing all financial documents and determining total debt amount in comparison to income
- Meeting creditors and developing debt payment plans and negotiating on interest rate
- Collecting credit reports and current credit history and determining client's worth for services
- Working with clients and assisting in forming payment plans to settle bills
- Advising clients in settling delinquent bills first and avoid litigation
ABC Finance, Saint Louis, MO
February 2012 - November 2013
- Assisted clients in making retirement plans, choosing insurance policies, and saving for medical expenses
- Educated clients in minimizing the use of credit cards and making cash payment whenever possible
- Developed payment plans for clients and negotiated on interest and late fee with credit card providers
- Providing counseling services for managing shaky finances of clients
- Educated clients in managing their money and avoid financial problems
- Guided clients on how banks charge interest and late fee on credit card dues
- Helped clients in reducing debts and leading a happy and debt-free life
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance
National College, Saint Louis, MO