Milieu Counselor Resume
Milieu Counselor is an important post that requires a candidate who is calm and composed, considerate and patient. The person holding this post needs to understand the psychological problems of the clients and teach them ways to overcome the same.
Applying for a job
If you think you can give justice to the post, apply immediately along with your optimized resume. Remember to keep this document precise and include only relevant information such as education, experience and contact details. Mentioned below is a sample Milieu counselor resume for your reference.
Milieu Counselor Resume Example
12/34, Leadenhall Street,
New Orleans, LA 70126, United States
Phone: (504) 532-7232
Looking for a challenging and rewarding post of a Milieu Counselor in a reputed organization where there will be enough scope to my rich experience and counseling skills.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Profound knowledge of behavior management protocols
- Extensive knowledge in the field of substance abuse, domestic violence, behavioral, developmental, psychiatric disorders and learning disabilities
- Proven ability to provide utmost behavioral health care
- Profound ability to cater to emotional needs of youth
- Good command over English aided by acquired proficiency in oral and written communication skills
Spenser Health Care Center, New Orleans
April 2013 - Present
- Conducted counseling sessions for individual as well as groups
- Chalked out the plan and procedures of therapeutic program for each client depending upon his or her problems and needs
- Oversaw the activity sessions
- Conducted weekend workshops on personality development and handled the delicate topics like sexual abuse, youth matters of personal hygiene etc.
- Conducted special extracurricular activity sessions for children
- Assessed the performance of clients and noted results of the therapeutic program for behavioral and developmental problems
Advent Health Care, New Orleans
January 2010 - March 2013
- Responsible to develop and monitor patient activity sessions
- Counseling youth about drug addiction and personality development
- Engaged in attending disabled child education programs
- Provided residential care and guided children on hygiene
M.S in Counseling, New Orleans University
Available upon request