Computer Game Designer Resume
A computer game designer may work as a freelancer or in an organization to design and develop computer games. This is a highly technical job wherein the designers are responsible for designing, coding, programming and testing the games. These professionals coordinate with sound and animation designers to incorporate sounds and visual effects according to the theme of the game.
Applying for a job
Your profile document must include your skills, qualifications and relevant work experience in the said domain. Mention all the job functions and tasks that you were assigned with. Also mention the names of games and projects that you have designed or have been a part of. You can also include any major achievements and awards that you have received in the course of your career as a game designer.
Go through the sample computer game designer resume below to know more.
Computer Game Designer Resume Example
C-20, Millennia Apartments, Franciscan Avenue
San Diego, California 22419
Intend to work as a computer game designer in a highly challenging organization on basis of thorough work experience of the domain and excellent grasp of software related to game design.
Professional and Personal Qualities:
- Highly experienced in computer games designing with involvement in different successfully executed projects
- Well versed with game designing standards, gaming trends and preferences
- Hands on experience of working with different game designing software packages and application
- Effective testing, debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communication, coordination and project management skills
- Adaptable to work under highly stressed situations and stringent deadlines
- Passionate to create a winning environment through consistent performance in every project
Virtual Ground Games
Computer Game Designer
April 2013 - Present
- Wrote game narrative, levels, content, character back-story, commentary and dialogues
- Developed visual setting and mood of the game with detailed emphasis on interactive interface
- Designed basic layouts and character sketches for different games
- Worked with graphic and sound design artists to develop background score and animation, character behavior and actions and other game play mechanics
- Coordinated with the testing team to execute testing on different parameters
- Resolved technical errors and bugs successfully and developed prototypes after final testing
- Assisted in packaging design of Game CD-ROM's and designed cover graphics
- Implemented changes and designed advanced level for existing games and developed multi-player format for earlier single player games
Silicon Chocolate Technologies
Computer Game Designer
October 2010 - March 2013
- Discussed and implemented different ideas into design process in association with graphic designers and game developers
- Designed overall theme for different games with detailed world design and content design
- Developed game play mechanics, levels, character behavior and features
- Developed advanced versions of old games and implemented new interface in every game
- Uploaded trial version on different promotional websites and solicited user feedback
- Maintained documents for all the projects and technical specifications of the games
Awards and Recognition:
- Won the Best Designer Award for "Sunset Riders" and "Cowboy Wars"
- Won the Innovative Gaming Design Award for "Ship Race Project"
Academic Qualifications and Certifications:
- Master's Degree in Game Designing, University: California Central Technical University