Denim Designer Resume
Do you love the fashion world? Do you find motivation in development of creative ideas in fashion and turn them into products that are commercially viable? These are aspects that are a perfect match for a career in the fashion world. Especially, when denim is considered, these aspirations and qualities gain prominence.
As a professional who loves the busy and fast movement in the fashion world, a rewarding career awaits you; a career as denim designer that is associated with high standards and excellence in workmanship. A person intending to work for such a career needs to be organized, innovative and most importantly, needs to have a commercially inclined mind-set.
A denim designer job application has to be creative like the job itself. The recruiters or the fashion gurus will immediately recognize your talent when they glance at your application. This makes it imperative to draft the document in a positive manner. The key here is to keep not to divulge more and not to show less. This sample here will make it clear for you.
Denim Designer Resume Example
364, Popular Avenue
Memphis, Tennessee 20114
Looking for a Denim Designer position with “Live In” to handle the entire designing process from sketching to production.
Summary of Skills:
- In-depth knowledge of denim designing with respect to market trends, buying behavior of consumer, manufacturing and finishing process and other related activities
- Experience in designing regular and custom made denim wear and accessories
- Well-versed with product designing applications and software packages
- Ability to communicate, coordinate and negotiate effectively across different channels and departments
- Ability to work independently or in a team of equally skilled professionals
- Can work for long hours at a stretch and complete projects within the timeline
Caramel Apparels, Carson, Nevada
October 2012 - present
- Researching and analyzing the latest market trends as well as buying pattern of consumers
- Deciding the design themes and other specifications for different denim products
- Developing designs for jeans wear, dungarees, shirts and accessories
- Providing material, dye color and other specifications required for manufacturing
- Supervising the product development cycle and perform sketching, and product designing
- Getting involved with the store designers and marketing teams to develop product display and promotional strategies
- Participating in conceptual development for a range of denim products
Carpe Denims, Carson, Nevada
March 2010 - September 2012
- Analyzed consumer behavior and solicited responses through personal interaction and online surveys to develop new product range
- Worked closely with product coordinators and merchants and determined viable projects
- Assisted in the designing and product development process
- Provided digital designs for different product ranges
- Designed denim wear for custom orders from clients for both sexes
- Developed product display design for franchisee stores
- Assisted marketing team in developing schemes for seasonal and stock clearance sale
- Performed operational tasks such as inventory maintenance, communicating with franchisee store managers
- Certified Professional in Denim Designing - 2009
Waller & Craft Design Institute, Carson, Nevada
Master's Degree in Textile Engineering - 2008
Perl Academy of Fashion Technology, Carson, Nevada
Bachelor's Degree in Fashion Designing - 2006
Perl Academy of Textile Engineering, Carson, Nevada
Will be furnished upon request.