Residential Designer Resume
Residential designers work in the real estate industry as designers for residential as well as commercial projects. Along with providing designs for the new constructions, these professionals also engage in redesigning and renovation of existing homes. They are closely associated with the civil engineers, architects and other staff involved in the process of construction. The residential designers also look after the construction process to make sure it is done according to the finalized designs.
Applying for a job
To create a positive first impression on the reader, you must adopt a descriptive format to write a personalized profile document to accompany your job application. Provide detailed information regarding your previous work experience and academic qualifications. Also describe your professional and technical skills that enhance your productivity. Check for any errors after you write all the details and ensure that it does not get too lengthy, as it may distract readers attention.
For further guidance, refer to the sample residential designer resume provided below.
Residential Designer Resume Example
Flat No.12, Dale Apartments, Saltville
San Diego, California 20045
Seeking the position of a residential designer in a reputed organization on basis of comprehensive knowledge about standards and practices of the trade and an Advanced Diploma in Interior design.
Personal and Technical Skills:
- Wide ranging experience and knowledge in residential designing with a proven track record of executing several projects successfully
- Ability to develop sketches free hand and with the use of CAD
- Ability to interact and negotiate effectively with clients and coworkers
- Well versed with Structural Design Codes and Standards
- Adaptable to work on various projects simultaneously
- Excellent problem solving and organizational skills
- Can work for long hours to meet deadlines
June 2013 - Present
Job functions and responsibilities
- Visiting construction sites with engineers and architects to develop design schematics
- Discussing design specifications with the client and implement changes and modifications accordingly
- Developing 3D models from the final design specifications
- Providing final specifications and deciding construction schedule with the engineers and architects
- Visiting construction sites to ensure that the designs are implemented accordingly during construction
- Performing quality and safety checks and suggesting improvements
- Maintaining project reports and other documents and completing all the projects within schedule to ensure client satisfactions
August 2010 - May 2013
Job functions and responsibilities
- Communicated with clients and visited sites with the construction personnel
- Discussed suitable designs with architects and engineers according to clients requirements and budget
- Communicated with the quality and safety assurance team to implement necessary measures for enhanced safety
- Provided material specifications to the construction team and assisted in the material purchase
- Worked for renovation and redesigning of old constructions and provided suggestions for installation of safety devices and elevators
- Provided solutions for residence extension plans
- Performed other tasks and duties assigned by the project manager
- Won the Best Designer award for the residential project "Croatia Villa"
- Won the Innovative Concept award for residential project "Niagara Hills"
- Won the Eco-Friendly design award for commercial project "13 Skies"
- Advanced Diploma in Interior Designing, National Design Academy
- Master's Degree in Fine Arts, Central Arts College<>