Avid Assistant Editor Resume
Non-linear editing is a form of video editing that enables easy access to any video frame captured in a digital video clip. The advantage of such editing process is that it allows to directly view the footage without playing or scrubbing through adjacent footage to reach it. This type of editing is similar to "cut and paste" technique used in film editing. An avid assistant editor is a professional deeply involved in non-linear editing. These professionals work to provide features of accessing any part of the footage directly.
Applying for a job
While writing a profile document for an editor position, you need to organize the content to grasp the attention of the recruiter. Begin with your personal details followed by a summary of qualifications and work experience. The inclusion of details like project undertaken, technical skills and professional affiliations leaves a good impression about you. To assist you in framing a perfect resume, a sample avid assistant editor resume has been featured on this page for your reference.
Avid Assistant Editor Resume Example
7 Harriman Campus Road Albany, NY
To pursue a responsible position as an avid assistant editor in a renowned organization on basis of thorough experience of editing videotapes and a diploma in Multimedia.
- Xtremely creative with broad knowledge of digital media, social media and online trends with extensive experience all aspects of narrative techniques and strategies
- Familiar with AVID editing techniques and after effect applications, multiple digital formats and online delivery.
- Skilled in file encoding and deck configuration
- Excellent communicator with strong attention to detail
Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe in Design, Corel Draw, Macromedia flash MX 2004, and Macromedia Swish.
- The Lost World- Digital Media Group, 2014
- World Vs Star, Motion Media, 2011
Avid Assistant Editor
February 2013 till date
Digital Media Group
Junior Non Linear Editor
- Handle responsibilities of editing videotapes and films to insert sound effects, music, and dialogue
- Perform responsibilities of correcting errors and arranging films into sequences by using editing equipment
- Handle tasks of review footage sequence by sequence to become familiar with it before assembling it into a final product
- Responsible for selecting and compiling most effective shots of each scene to form logical sequence
- Perform tasks of organizing raw footage into a continuous film according to the scripts and instructions of producers
- Responsible for reviewing assembled films to determine any corrections, if required
March 2010 to January 2013
- Responsible for setting up and operating electronic titling systems, computer editing systems, and digital video effects
- Handle tasks of trimming film segments to present stories with maximum effect
- Perform sound recordings as well as obtain required sounds from sound effects libraries
- Confer with directors, assistant editor and producers concerning editing approaches needed to add value of productions
- Responsible for conducting film screenings for production staff and directors
- Coordinate with music directors to develop production scores and select appropriate passages of music
Education and Training:
Diploma: Advance Diploma in Multimedia Soft Link Multimedia, NY
Graduation: Bachelor of Commerce New York University, NY