Journal Editor Resume
The success and demand of a journal depends mainly on the quality and content of the journal. Good quality content rests in the hands of the editor. A journal editor commits to publish the journal by adhering to the publication standards and guidelines. He/she holds the responsibility of selecting and editing journal contents.
Applying for a job
Your profile document needs to highlight your academic qualifications and professional experience to prove that you are eligible to fill the position. You can start thinking of what exactly should be brought in this document to make it striking and appealing. You also need to plan the way to organize your work experience, credentials and qualifications to meet the needs and requirements of the employer. The sample provided below will prove beneficial in your endeavor.
Journal Editor Resume Example
400 East University Way,
Editing professional with experience in journal publication-acquisition, selecting and editing, seeks to work as a journal editor in a renowned organization.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Extensive knowledge of journalism standards and guidelines with mastery in writing, editing and content designing skills.
- Familiar with publication process, guidelines of newsletter and journal publishing standards.
- Proficient in English (US) language with respect to spelling, punctuation, and grammar, punctuation with awareness of the current trends and issues in the publication of journal.
- Possess excellent personnel and organization management skills
June 2013 till date
Central Publication House, WA
- Responsible for conducting initial screening of manuscripts and forward those that meet the criteria
- Handle responsibilities of revising manuscripts based on reviewer comments with the author
- Perform tasks of updating monthly status to the managing director of all manuscripts in the pipeline
- Handle responsibilities of developing style guidelines for authors, use of journals in teaching and solicitation requests from authors
- Provide guidelines to authors to achieve clarity, publication guidelines, and in improving the overall quality
- Coordinate with the board of directors to provide overall strategic direction of the journal
April 2010 to May 2013
Book Store, WA
- Handle tasks of conceiving special issue and coordinate with the journal staff to bring it to fruition
- Responsible for assisting the journal editor in overseeing the stages of journal publication
- Assigned tasks of reviewing the content to check for typo errors, punctuation mistakes, misused words, and grammatical mistakes
- Ensure that the content is clear, concise, easy to comprehend and maintains consistency in names, and sequences of events from start to finish
- Perform responsibilities of checking index, header footer notes and appendix section of the journal
Graduate in Journalism, University of Washington