Junior Editor Resume
We have presented here a junior editor resume. In addition, here is a short description of the editor's profile. Although editor is a senior level position, working at a junior level serves as a great opportunity to learn the art of editing.
The main responsibility of an editor is to edit the content and ensure it complies with set specifications. An editor can work in various industries. He may work for publication houses that publish books, newspaper or magazines; or in IT industry and develop content for websites or user manuals. Editors receive articles from writers for evaluation. Editing includes verifying the accuracy in grammar and facts in the written content. He makes sure that the final presentation of the content is apt to the intended profile. Also, an editor handles the responsibility for impact the articles generate on readers, which could be positive or negative. Editors are held responsible for the articles that have errors or create a negative impression. Hence, editors need to be responsible in their work, leaving no scope for mistakes. We have considered the profile of a print media editor in this resume.
Junior Editor Resume Example
12N, Mayfair Street, Seattle, WA
Contact: 455 - 020 - 3530
Email Id: firstname.lastname@example.org
To acquire the position of a junior editor and utilize my skills in English Language and the competence in editing skills to check accuracy in content. To work with professionals and again experience in working with higher degree of responsibility.
- Proficient with the writing styles and techniques, and the protocols followed in journalism and publication houses
- Good command over English Language and superior knowledge about the differences in American and British style of writing
- Skilled at designing the layout and writing appealing captions for the written content
- Extensive experience in developing content related to various topics and for various media forms
- Aware of the several writing media platforms - print or online media and the advantages of each media form
May Flower Publications, Philadelphia
May 2013 - till date
- Receive content from writers and edit it by checking the content for grammar, presentation, authenticity and completeness
- Read the content and analyze if it is suitable for the targeted audience. Make changes if necessary to upgrade the quality
- Stay abreast about the latest topics and trends in market and provide such topics for writing that match the current happenings in society
- Liaise with the layout designers and graphic designers to determine the final look of the content before publishing
- Receive feedback from the readers and reply to their mails. Apologize for mistakes, if any.
Midsummer Magazine, Philadelphia
April 2012 - April 2013
- Assist the editor in his day to day activities and learn about the functions they discharge everyday
- Collect the articles from the writers and reject the ones that do not match the quality parameters. Forward the rest for editing.
- Conduct interviews for writers position and correct the tests papers submitted by them as job application
- Edit the articles of different topics under the supervision of the chief editor
Bloomingdale Creative Minds, Philadelphia
September 2010 - March 2012
- Write articles for magazines on varied topics such as city life, glamor, medical, technical reviews, travel guide, health care, etc.
- Visit different location and meet various personalities from the city to gather news bits and facts about the news
- Proofread the articles and ensure there are no mistakes in terms of facts, grammar or other editorial specifications
- Gather pictures from the locations of news and select the best ones to publish with the news
- Write articles for special editions that are based on certain themes or celebrities
- Master's Degree in Journalism
Philadelphia University, 2010
- Bachelor's Degree in Arts - English
Philadelphia University, 2008
- Working as column writer for a leading newspaper that publishes one article weekly on topics from everyday life
- Won Pride of Philadelphia Award for writing articles and raising concern for several social problems occurring in the city
May Flower Publications, Philadelphia
744 - 262 - 0103