Television Editor Resume
A television holds similar responsibilities to that of a video editor. The job profile includes cutting and editing various TV shows and programs. They also usually performs tasks of converting raw films into final product. Sometimes, these professionals may be required to work on live footage. Aspirants of this profile usually work in large television and cable networks, national networks, independent television stations and advertising agencies.
Applying for a job
The purpose of writing resume is to get an interview call for the applied position. It is necessary to present this information in an organized way. The sample television editor resume below provides an overall idea of drafting a professional profile document in the most effective and desirable manner.
Television Editor Resume Example
1234, West 67 Street,
Carlisle, MA 01741,
Contact: 123-456 7890
Seeking the position of a television editor in a renowned organization on basis of a bachelor's degree in television broadcast and thorough working knowledge in television and video editing.
- Comprehensive knowledge of video and television editing
- In-depth knowledge of technical standards and processes of editing video clips
- Sound knowledge of Photoshop, compression software, Adobe After Effects, Final Cut Pro Editing, and FCP
- Familiar with methods, techniques and principles of video/audio editing
- Skilled in creating text graphics, digitalizing video elements, and motion graphics
- Effective management, organizational and communication skills
Organization: Green Vale Television, Washington
Duration: June 2013 till date
Designation: Television Editor
Organization: Entertainment Group, Washington
- Handle tasks of taking video clips and footage for documentary or television shows
- Responsible for collecting, mixing and syncing the clips to produce a final copy of shows
- Coordinate with camera man, producers and with directors to discuss on the expected outcome of various documentary shows
- Perform tasks of creating previews, advertisements, commercials and movie trailers for promoting film and television shows
- Handle responsibilities of reviewing and approving the content of program as well as provide directions for changes or modifications
- Responsible for hiring staff as well as perform maintenance of journalistic and legal standards
Duration: April 2009 to March 2013
Designation: Assistant Television Editor
- Handle tasks of assisting television editor in gathering and organizing required elements for editing the film
- Responsible for creating a list of instructions on putting high quality original elements to the picture and sound finishers
- Handle tasks of bringing the film or television show "online"
- Perform every responsibility to bring the show to the complete and final form
- Handle tasks of keeping track of every piece of picture or sound with numbers and time codes and maintains the number in database
Bachelor's degree in Television Broadcast, University of Washington