ESL Instructor Resume
English language teaching is gaining unprecedented importance in this age of globalization. English being a global language and a window to the world, learning it has become a prime need of this age. English as a second language is taught in many countries and hence, the post of an ESL instructor is available. The post is highly rewarding and the future prospects for this post are healthy.
Applying for a job
If you have a command over English and can prove to be a good trainer as well, what are you waiting for? Prepare your optimized resume and send it to some reputed institute where you think you could utilize your skills and abilities for teaching English in a professional environment.
The resume sample given below will give you a clear idea about what to include in the document. The names and the addresses in the sample are fictitious and need to be replaced by real ones.
ESL Instructor Resume Example
1126 Capitol Trail
Newark, DE, United States
Contact: +1 302-224-9378
Email id: email@example.com
Seeking to work as an ESL Instructor in a reputed educational institute on basis of a Master's Degree in Teaching and exceptional command over the English Language.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Passion for teaching profession and excellent command over English language
- Extensive knowledge of prominent pedagogical theories of recent times
- Profound ability to match comprehension levels of adult learners as well children and students from various social backgrounds
- Proven ability to teach the most complex and complicated topics in lucid and interesting manner
- Rich experience of working as an ESL and EFL instructor in a reputed international institute
- Extensive knowledge of operations related to modern educational tools
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Extensive specialized cognitive developmental knowledge in teaching topics like English for special purpose
- Dedication towards work
French - American Civic Organization, Newark, Delaware (March 2013 - Present)
Duties and Responsibilities:
Able Institute of languages, Newark, DE (January 2010 - February 2013)
- Teaching English as a second language to French students
- Trying to make the learning process more learner friendly and make learners think on their own
- Giving optimum exposure to English language and prohibiting the use of French as much as possible
- Making students express themselves in English in different simulated situations
- Conducting language related games and competitions to boost up the confidence of students trying to learn English
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assisting ESL instructor in implementation of planned lessons
- Tracked progress of students periodically and maintained portfolios
- Facilitated process of teaching by ascertaining availability of tools and assignment manuals
- Initiate activities to enhance teaching methodologies
- Master's Degree in Teaching, Institute of International Language, Newark, Delaware
- Bachelor of Arts Degree, Delaware University, Newark
Available upon Request.