Sheet Metal Mechanic Resume
Sheet metal mechanics specialize in working with sheet metals used in ductwork and for creating other construction types. They work with construction companies, aeronautical industries, and manufacturing settings. With construction companies, they fabricate, install, and repair sheet metal objects. They may also install ductwork in a commercial building. With aeronautical industries, they prepare the outer body of an aircraft. Their role in the manufacturing settings will depend on the employer.
If you wish to be one among the shortlisted candidates of sheet metal mechanic job, it is of paramount importance to know the basic art of drafting a professional resume in a unique manner. The purpose of resume is to convince and persuade the hiring employer or manager in all possible ways that you are the only one who is eligible, competent and suitable for the applied position. It is therefore important to present all the relevant information in an appreciable and convincing manner as per the job profile or requirement. Moreover, the information should be presented by following proper format and style like this sample resume.
Sheet Metal Mechanic Resume Example
45 Healy Street RT, Ohio 74120
Having acquired great deal of precision in sheet metal work, I now like to work for aeronautical industry as a sheet metal mechanics and do all types of fabrication, installation, and repair works on aircrafts.
Summary of Skills:
- Comprehensive knowledge of aircraft sheet metal fabrication and repair
- Skilled in using test equipment, dial indicators, micrometers, sheet metal brakes, torque wrenches, etc.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints
- Knowledge of rotar blades, frames, stringers, beam, bulkheads, etc.
- Good technical and communication skills
- Familiarity with corrosion control techniques and disposal of hazardous waste materials
- Flexible to work in any weather condition, location, and shift
- Ability to walk, stand, crouch, crawl, and climb stairs
- Knack to distinguish color and judge three-dimensional depth
Sheet Metal Mechanic
Apex Mechanical Services, RT, Ohio
September 2012 - Present
Sheet Metal Mechanic
- Identify and troubleshot defects in aircraft structure, landing gear, engines, anti-icing, and ventilation and heating systems
- Repair, replace, and rebuild aircraft wings, fuselage, and functional components
- Fabricate, install, and repair airframe sheet metal components
- Read and interpret manufacturers' maintenance manuals and technical data for repair work
- Operate and listen to the engine to find and fix cracks, corrosion, etc.
- Inspect aircrafts inside out and identify areas that need repair and replacement
- Locate malfunction sources using ignition analyzer, distributor time, ammeter, etc.
- Repair and replace damaged components and electrical wiring system
- Perform pre-flight, thru-flight, and post-flight inspection
ABC Company, RT, Ohio
May 2010 - August 2012
- Installed air conditioning and heating systems of commercial and residential buildings
- Fabricated sheet metal to specification for installation and repair work
- Cut sheet of metal using laser cutter and performed welding
- Assisted in the installation of ductwork and piping for refrigeration
- Created and installed sheet metal objects as required
- Worked as per the plans and specifications of jobs and determined needed materials
- Welded fabricated parts using nuts, bolts, rivets, screws, and clips
Associate Degree in Mechanical Engineering
ABC University, RT, Ohio