Brake Operator Resume
A brake operator performs functions on brake press machinery. This machinery helps to design and give a shape to the raw metal and plastic materials. Operator working on these machines need to be apt at reading and understanding the complex product designing, machinery operations and product features to be able to give the material the desired shape. They are responsible for operations; repairing and maintenance of the press brake and other manufacturing machinery. The operators need to have a sound knowledge in mechanical and electrical engineering. Also, strong organizational, analytical and communication skills are a must for the job.
Brake Operator Resume Example
Walter O. Worthen
810 Illinois Avenue
Tigard, OR 97223
To acquire the position of a brake operator in an organization and perform repairing, and maintenance of machineries used in manufacturing process.
Summary of Skills:
- Knowledge of the working mechanism of a press brake machinery
- Ability to work independently under minimum supervision
- Strong mechanical and technical aptitude
- Good analytical and statistical skills
- Highly effective mathematical skills and efficient in interpreting drawings, blueprints, etc.
- Ability to work effortlessly on heavy machineries and hand-tools
PQR Inc., Tigard, OR
October 2014 - Present
Assistant Brake Operator
- Operating the press brake machinery and setting up the configuration to give desire results
- Performing functions on the press brake machinery that rolls, straightens, bends plastic or metal material, as desired
- Conducting quality analysis of the processed goods to check the properties and dimensions and verify compliance with the quality standards
- Determining the areas that need improvements to reduce time, cost and waste etc
- Conducting quality analysis to judge if the raw materials confer to the expected quality standards
ABC Company, Tigard, OR
February 2013 - September 2014
- Performed programming of the press brake machinery to perform the complex functions of bending, rolling, stretching, etc.
- Ensured the goods are manufactured and processed on time
- Worked overtime in case of any delays and completed production target
- Applied knowledge of different materials, their chemical properties and reactions to heat, compression, remolding, etc. to the routine manufacturing functions
- Read the various performance indicators to judge the temperature, pressures, weight and other parameter
Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering
St. Xavier's University, Tigard, OR