Furnace Operator Resume
A furnace operator works in the manufacturing unit of organizations and looks after heating , mixing and molding of metals, plastic, glass, chemicals and other materials. They are responsible to weigh raw materials, mix them in appropriate quantities, set the furnace at right temperature and pressure levels and operate the furnace for right durations of time. They take down readings to check completion of work as per specifications. They may clean or repair these equipment and check its efficiency as required. They require sound communication skills along with keen attentiveness towards detailing, safety and accuracy to do their job efficiently.
Applying for a job
Find below a furnace operator resume example for your reference. Use the given sample to draft your own profile for your job search. You may adopt this sample format or make alterations to it, to suit your recruiter's requirements.
Furnace Operator Resume Example
Address: 11, Palm Street New York, NY 47712
Telephone number: 177 - 020 - xxxx
Email Id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Seek to work as a Furnace operator on basis of thorough working knowledge about furnaces and expert in repair and maintenance work of the same.
- In-depth knowledge about operating a furnace and work related manufacturing techniques
- Profound knowledge of chemical compositions, structure, properties and reactions of different chemicals on heating
- Proficient knowledge of design, usage, repairs and maintenance of several work related tools, instruments and equipment
- Efficient physical fitness levels that allow working in harsh environmental conditions
PQR Manufacturing Inc, San Diego
October 2014 - till date
- Monitor operation of the furnace and make certain the equipment functions smoothly. Check device for any defects, leakages or malfunctioning.
- Perform repairs of the furnaces. Remove blockages or tend leakages as per requirement
- Weigh and measure quantities of raw materials to be added to the furnace, using scales and weighing machines etc.
- Lift, load and transport materials from the furnace area to processing area
- Record details of the units produced and maintain production log book
XYZ Manufacturing Inc, San Diego
September 2013 - September 2014
- Perform routine maintenance duties of cleaning, lubricating machineries and equipment, using scrapers, solvents, oils and air hoses
- Conduct analysis of the drawn out metals samples and check the samples for compliance with quality, weight, size, shape and color specifications
- Supervise functioning of the furnaces and observe the air, temperature, pressure, fluidity readings. Make adjustments, if required to ensure production as per specifications
- Perform the furnace operation conferring to safety standards and precautionary measures
High School Diploma, New York Technical School