GMDSS Radio Operator Resume
The role of a GMDSS Radio operator is interesting and challenging as well. If you wish to work at the position of GMDSS operator, here is some resume writing assistance for you. Find an ideal GMDSS operator resume example and a brief job description of GMDSS operator for your reference. Draft your resume based on the given resume format.
The role of a GMDSS Radio Operator is highly important and responsible in nature. GMDSS stands for Global Maritime Distress Safety System. It is a set of universally approved safety procedures, communication devices and equipment that help establish strong communication between the control room and the ships/aircrafts. The GMDSS operator performs the function of operating the GMDSS system, transmitting information across two levels, determining and locating vessel's position and providing safety and security assistance to on-board vessels. They need to be technically competent to operate the GMDSS system and perform minor repairs and maintenance functions.
GMDSS Radio Operator Resume Example
Address: 11, Carlisle Street, Chicago, IL 46623
Telephone number: 499 - 011 - xxxx
Email Id: firstname.lastname@example.org
To obtain the position of GMDSS operator and establish strong coordination between on-shore and off-shore activities.
- Extensive experience of operating and repairing the GMDSS systems
- Ability to perform rescue operations and provide assistance in harsh environments and during unfavorable time slots
- Highly efficient in adapting to multi culture environment
- Capability of maintaining calm and patience during crisis situations
ABC Travels and Transporters Inc, Chicago
March 2014 - till date
Asst. GMDSS Operator
- Maintain effective communication and coordination between on shore and off shore teams
- Control the lever, gears and switches to start or stop engines, increase or decrease volume, improve clarity of visuals, adjust frequencies of transmitters and activate the radar system
- Monitor the movement of the vessel and make certain the vessel follows the assigned route and does not deviate from its path
- Conduct periodic inspection of the systems, equipment and tools. Ensure compliance with set operational specifications.
PQR Freight Services Inc, Chicago
October 2013 - February 2014
- Provide assistance in operating the GMDSS systems. Set up the antennas, mike, voice recorder, head set and other communication devices.
- Make certain no unauthorized person gets an access to the GMDSS systems. Keep a watch for any hacking and manipulation of the systems.
- Maintain logs of the messages transmitted across the vessel. Read and decipher the messages, codes and signals accurately to find its true meaning.
- Report to seniors in case of machine failure or malfunctioning
Associate Degree in Electronics
Gordon Technical College, Chicago