Generator Repair Resume
A generator is a device that transfers the mechanical energy into electrical energy and facilitates the operation of several devices. As such, it is bound to malfunction with continuous use and time. To make it working condition again, generator repairers are hired. These repair technicians diagnose the generator and evaluate the performance delivered by each component. His job is to maintain the performance levels of the generator set. As per the analysis done on malfunctioning, the person identifies the failed or defective parts and performs repairing to correct the defect. He solders the broken parts, reconnects the loose wires, treats or paints the rusted parts, removes and replaces the defective parts, and conducts performance evaluation tests to ensure the generator provides quality performance continuously. Strong technical competence along with hand dexterity is important skills for a generator repairer.
If you are planning on making a career as a generator repairer specialist, then here is a sample to support your job search endeavors.
Generator Repair Resume Example
Cecil L. Edmonds
2216 Ethels Lane
Lakeland, FL 33801
To obtain a generator repair technician position with a government agency and apply my knowledge of electrical, mechanical, and thermal principles in repairing, overhauling, and maintaining diesel generators.
Summary of Skills:
- Thorough knowledge of the electrical components, its work mechanism and repairing tools
- Possess excellent hand dexterity that allows using hand and power tools with precision
- Skilled at applying the basics of mechanical and electronics engineering to work accurately
- High emphasis on the preventive maintenance measures and safety protocols
- Excellent thinking, analyzing and problem solving abilities
Persistent Mechanical Repair Services, Lakeland, FL
October 2014 - Present
- Dissembling the generator set to examine the main engine and identify the failing components
- Making notes of customer's complaints and analyzing the type and extent of the damage
- Examining electric motor and ensuring it delivers optimum performance without any wastage
- Measuring generator performance and noting the velocity, speed, pressures and revolutions per minute, voltage, etc.
- Utilizing various measurement instruments such as ammeters, voltmeters and oscilloscopes to test the efficiency of the equipment
- Fixing up detached parts and tightening the loose connections to correct malfunctioning of the electrical systems
Everest Maintenance Services, Lakeland, FL
February 2013 - September 2014
- Prepared the right solvent to give chemical treatment to the rusted and corroded parts
- Used hand tools such as screwdrivers, saws, sickles, shovels, scoops to perform repairs
- Soldered the broken parts of the equipments and ensured they are fixed firmly to the main machine
- Examined the engine parts such as coil leads, carbon brushes, motor, transmitter, etc.
- Tested the batteries and replaced the exhausted ones
- Recorded the details of the repairs undertaken and the materials purchased and used for repairs
- High School Diploma
Good Fortune School, Lakeland, FL
Certified Generator Repair Technician
ABC Technical School, Lakeland, FL