Advertising Interview Questions
Advertising field is an interesting field as it offers a wide scope for creativity. Advertising is a very lucrative option for those who want to pursue their career in this field. More than just a question-answer session, advertising interviews will be a session that tries to bring out the maximum potential out of the candidate.
Hence, be confident and prepare yourself to face the following interview questions.
- What prompted you to opt for advertising as your career?
There are many reasons why one chooses advertising as a career option over the others. However, feel free to mention your reasons.
- What makes you think you are the right fit for this position in our company?
The interviewers may have asked this questions to all the candidates who have applied for the position. Thus, try to bring in some freshness to your answer by framing a unique reply. Avoid the monotonous repetition of "I can do this" and "I can do that".
- What do you think about the advertising world today? Is it growing? Or, is it declining?
Advertising sector has never seen its decline since its inception. However, present them with the current scenario of the advertising business, what you think about it and what more can be expected in the future.
- Are you sure you can contribute enough to our growth so as to give a tough competition to our rivals?
Answer in affirmative. Meanwhile, provide concrete examples that will support all your claims.
- What is your general approach to create interest in prospective clients? Do you think your method is the best way to attract attention?
Again, provide examples to support your statements. If you say you believe in you strategies, go a step ahead to prove your point. Also, mention why and how you devised your own method.
- The term advertising encompasses a lot of things - like ad designing, marketing, editing, client support etc. What would you be most comfortable working at? Why? Have you worked earlier in that section?
Mention your key area of interest and whether you have had the opportunity of working in that section. If not, mention the reason why you would want to work for this particular field. Convince them completely; otherwise you will loose the chance of getting selected.
- What do you know about our clientele?
To be able to provide an answer to this question, you should thoroughly research the company before the interview. If the company is associated with some big players in the market and you are not aware of it, you will lose the chance of securing the job.
- Some clients/ businessmen are not too keen on investing a lot of money to advertise their product. This means, we are sometimes forced to work on tight budgets, which most of the time results in being an obstacle to a great advertising concept. What would you do to convince such clients?
Whatever way you suggest to convince the clients, make sure it is viable for the company. While trying to get the client spends more for the advertisement, you should not charge the company in access of the benefit that will be received. Thus make sure your ideas are resourceful and acceptable.
Some more questions that could be posed during the interview are as below.
- If offered a position, how long can we expect you to work with us?
- What do you think are the challenges you may have to face with this job?
- What responsibilities did you hold in your previous company?
- What compelled you to leave your previous company?
- How would your ex-manager describe you?
- What are your long term goals? How do plan to achieve them?
- 10 years from now, where do you wish to be?
Interviewers always seek out for advertising professionals who are vibrant, enthusiastic and full of ideas. Hence, make sure that your enthusiasm is shown throughout the interview.