Business Management Interview Questions
Business management jobs are considered to be one of the most privileged and sophisticated jobs. Only the business-minded candidates with excellent credentials get selected for a post at managerial levels.
Thus, it is obvious that the interviewers will want to hire the cream of all the applicants. It is best to be prepared and a few steps ahead of the other candidates. The panelists will look for answers to the following questions.
- Give us a short introduction about yourself - your educational qualifications, accomplishments, work experience etc.
- Tell us something more about this institute from where you secured a management degree.
- Describe their training module. Was it an intensive one? Did it include any internship?
- What are your long term objectives?
- How would you describe you management style?
- What are the management principles that you follow?
- What are your strong points?
- How would you describe your weaknesses?
- For what reasons do you want to join our team?
- What are the different work environments that you have worked under? Under which can you work most comfortably and efficiently? What are the reasons?
- What are the different roles that a responsible business manager must portray? Justify your answer.
- On a scale of 1 to 10, how would your subordinates rate you as a manager? Justify why they would rate you so.
- On a scale of 1 to 10, how would you rate yourself as a manager? Give an example.
- Any management decision taken by you which was beneficial for the company in a long run?
- What steps do you take to build good working relationship with your co-workers, subordinates and seniors?
- Tell us about the time when you had to bring in major changes in the working conditions in your previous company? How was this change reacted upon? What was your course of action in implementing these changes?
- What corrective measures have you taken to address continuous poor performance by an employee? Was it effective?
Then, there might be questions related to the job or the industry to check your overall knowledge and awareness.
- Can you identify the growing trends in this particular industry? What are they? And how do you think they will contribute in the near future?
- What are your opinions about the current financial markets?
- What do you know about this company?
- You must be aware about the major changes that have recently taken place in our organization. What do you think about them?
You have to remember that there are other candidates contesting for the same post as you are. Thus, you have to work hard towards convincing them that you are the right candidate for their working culture and environment.