Embedded C Interview Questions
An embedded systems software engineer is responsible for generating design documents and following software engineering process in order to develop high-quality software products. Designing, implementing and testing are also some of the other duties included in the job profile of an embedded systems engineer.
Technical questions form a major section of the embedded C interviews. Thus, after the initial introductory questions, it is your knowledge of the subject that really matters. Be prepared to answer to the questions asked as below.
- What are loops?
- How would you explain Count Down_to_Zero Loop?
- Can you explain what Count_Up_Loops mean?
- What is the difference between Count Down_to_Zero Loop and Count_Up_Loops? Which one is better to use?
- Explain Interrupt Latency. How can we reduce it?
- Is it possible to pass structures to the functions by value?
- Can arrays be passed to functions by value?
- Can you name the different qualifiers in C?
- How would you describe inline functions?
- What are ARM compilers? What are its functions?
- What are static variables? What is the scope of static variable?
- What are BSD and SVR4? What are the different communication mechanisms in BSD and SVR4?
- What is pSOS? What are the different features in pSOS?
- There are three ways to write infinite loops? Explain them. Which one of the three is the most efficient method?
- How do you find out the number of instance of a class?
- How would you explain forward reference with respect to pointers in C?
- What are the advantages of using a macro function?
- Is it possible to have constant volatile variable? Explain.
- What are object oriented languages and object based languages? Is there a difference between the two?
- How would a global variable result in unoptimized code?
- Can you name the different storage classes in C?
- Is it possible to have inline virtual functions in a class?
- Do inline functions help to improve performance? Explain in what way?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of using inline functions?
- Explain the difference between hard real-time and soft real-time Operating systems.