How to Answer Flight Attendant Interview Questions
Flying is a preferred mode of transport because of its quickness in transporting you from one place to another. The flight also excels in safety and comfort. A flight attendant is a person who takes care of in-flight safety and comfort. Safety is the first concern of the flight attendant. The flight attendant should possess knowledge about flights, safety and emergency equipment. A flight attendant should also know about emergency medical procedures like CPR.
The flight attendant interview is an excellent opportunity for an aspiring candidate to be a part of the aviation industry. To excel in a flight attendant job, the candidate has to prepare for it in certain aspects. Dress, look, way of talk, confidence and punctuality are the basics of the profession.
Patience is the most expected quality from any flight attendant interview candidate. It should also be a part of the answering style in the interview. The candidate should understand the question and give the answer in a clear voice. Voice clarity is highly expected from a flight attendant. The following questions are asked frequently in a flight attendant interview.
- Tell us about yourself.
- What are your strengths?
- What are you weaknesses?
- Why did you choose this profession?
- Do you have any inspiration for selecting this profession?
- What qualities do you have that make you fit for this job?
- What are the difficulties that you faced in the initial part of your career?
- How would you handle an angry passenger?
- How do you handle job pressures?
- How would you handle a situation of in-flight conflict?
- What are the qualities required to become a flight attendant?
- What is a flight attendant's most important responsibility?
- Describe a flight attendant's ideal workday.
- Describe your worst in-flight experience and the way in which you handled it.
- Why is teamwork important in a flight attendant's job?
- How would you handle a snoring passenger?
- How do you handle drunken passengers?
- How do you consider passenger feedback?
- How will you react to criticism in spite of putting good effort?
- How do you handle children?
- What is CPR?
- How do you perform CPR?
- How often do you conduct checks?
- What is more important for a flight attendant - safety or passenger comfort?
- Rate yourself in terms of knowledge of in-flight safety 1 to 10.
- How would your colleague rate you in terms of customer service?
- How do you explain to the tourist about the place he/she is visiting?
- Have you ever crossed your limit of patience?
- How would you handle a frustrated customer?
- What is required for a flight attendant, pleasing talk or looks?
- How do you see yourself five years from now?
- What are your future plans?
- What is the aspect you like most in this job?
- Which is your favorite destination?
- How do you feel about being away from home by opting for this profession?
- Why would you like to join us?
- What are your hobbies?