Insurance Sales Interview Questions
Insurance can be sold only by solicitation. A good insurance sales representative must exert his convincing power and persuasiveness to strike a valuable sale. Be it a life, medical or vehicle insurance, an insurance sales person has to put in a lot of efforts to bag the deal.
Interviewers search for all these skills while interviewing and only the best stands a chance to get selected. Here are a few questions that interviewers ask insurance sales job applicants.
- Give us a short introduction about yourself.
A short introduction must include a quick summary of your resume. Also, do mention why you decided to choose insurance as your career field.
- What keeps you interested in a job as an insurance sales professional?
This question hints you to give in more details about your interest for this field. Speak about the different melange of skills that you posses to be a successful insurance seller.
- What is the biggest challenge that an insurance sales representative has to face?
You should say what according to you, is the biggest challenge. However, give a concrete solution or the steps you think are necessary to overcome this challenge.
- Where would you want to reach in a five years time?
A five years time is a long period, yet you will be expected to answer this one from professional point of view. Thus, keep your future plans ready for the interviewers.
- What are your strongest and weakest points? How would you cope with your weakest point?
You have been asked to speak about your strength; make sure your strong point is beneficial for the job. As for the weaknesses, mention a point or a two and assure them that you are soon going to convert them into your strong points.
After these initial interviewing questions, the interviewers will want to know deeper about your knowledge and experience in the insurance sector. A host of questions with regards to the technical aspect of insurance and, your evaluation for the job will begin at this section. While, it is implied that your knowledge about the subject should be perfect, you can stand a better chance of being selected, by keeping yourself abreast with the latest insurance news.
Here are some more questions that can be a part of the interview.
- Define the term "Insurance"? What do you think is insurance?
- What are the different types of insurance?
- What do you think about the growth prospects of insurance sector?
- What do you like/ dislike the most about being an insurance sales representative?
- Have you had any training in insurance? If so, what consisted in the training program?
- How did you go about promoting a policy that you were handling?
- On the scale of 1 to 10, how would you rate yourself as an insurance sale professional?
- How are you at achieving sales targets? Can you walk us through how you were successful at reaching your targets?