Interview Questions for Employers
Interviews are important and effective tools to select candidates based on their core competencies and overall suitability for the job. Interview questions should be framed in such a way that they bring out the potential in applicants.
Regardless of the position or the field in which you are interviewing, there are some common questions that can be asked to a candidate. Remember that you can ask only those questions that are relevant to the position and the field. Do not ask personal questions that offend the candidates. Moreover, candidates have s right to issue a legal notice to the company in such matters.
Common Job Interviewing Questions :
- Give us a brief introduction about yourself.
- Could you summarize your resume for us?
- Tell us something about the training institutions/ colleges you have attended.
- Can you tell us the reasons for being out of employment for so long?
- Apart from what is mentioned in the resume, what more can you tell us about yourself?
- What are your goals in life?
- Where do you see yourself after 10 years?
- What are your strong and weak points?
- What are the reasons for applying to this company? / Why do you want to work with us?
- Are you willing to accept the challenges in this new position? What do you think are the challenges that you may have to face?
- Can you make substantial contributions to our company's growth? / Why should we hire you? / Give us three reasons for why we should hire you.
- In what terms are you better than the previous candidate?
- What kind of work environment do you prefer to work in? / What kind of work environment have you worked in before? Which ones do you prefer? And, why?
- You work better in a team or individually? Why?
- In a group, are you the leader or follower? Which one do you prefer? And, why?
- What leadership qualities do you possess?
- How would you describe your typical work day?
- How would your colleagues describe you?
- In which three words would a subordinate describe you? / What would your subordinates say about you?
- What would your previous manager/ employer say about you?
- What do you appreciate the most about your previous employer?
- What did you like the most about your previous job?
- What did you dislike the most about your previous job?
- Tell us about your biggest accomplishment.
- Walk us through your biggest failure. What did you get to learn from it?
- Have you ever had to arbitrate between two non-consenting team members? What did you do to resolve the issue?
- What are your reasons for quitting the previous job?
- What do you know about us? / Do you want to add something about this organization? / Are you aware of the recent happenings at our company? What do you think about them?
- How long can we expect you to work with us?
- Are you comfortable for relocations/ transfers/ traveling?
- Is there anything else you would like us to ask you?
- Do you have any questions for us? / Would you like to clarify any doubts in your mind? / Do you have any doubts or queries to be resolved?