How to Answer Nanny Interview Questions
The growth of a child is one of the most important tasks handled by a parent. It is the parents' duty to ensure that the child is taken care of properly. Some parents appoint nannies for childcare. A nanny is a person who takes care of the child by maintaining cleanliness, feeding at proper times, giving medicine, teaching and training.
The parent generally conducts a nanny interview where the parent poses questions regarding childcare. A nanny should be polite, caring, having a love for children and possess experience in the job. Nannies should not have vices such as smoking. Parents expect nannies to be healthy.
A nanny interview consists of questions related to job experience. Candidates should answer these questions with experience gained from current and previous jobs. Patience is a commonly expected feature. Wrong information or information that can create a negative impression can ruin your chance. Successful experience in training children should be a part of the answers.
- Tell us about yourself.
- Why did you choose this field?
- Have you been trained for this job?
- What is your experience in this field?
- What is the age group of children you have worked with?
- Explain types of baby food.
- What type of food is suited for 0 to 3 year olds?
- What types of food are not compatible for 0 to 3 year olds?
- What is the necessary interval between food sessions?
- What is you knowledge about child medicines?
- How do you maintain a child's cleanliness?
- List the requirements before bathing an infant.
- How and how often do you change the infant's diapers?
- What are the types of clothes for male and female kids of 0 to 3 years?
- Explain the bed arrangement for an infant.
- How do you prepare a cradle?
- Give some examples of baby exercises.
- Explain toilet training for kids aged three.
- What room temperature should be maintained for 0 to 3 year olds?
- What toys are permissible for 0 to 3 year olds?
- What are the toys not permissible for 0 to 3 year olds?
- How do you handle plastic bags at home with a one year old?
- List some games for age group 0 to 3 years.
- List the factors that you do not like in this job.
- What qualities in you do children like?
- What are your working hours?
- What are your charges and charging types? (hourly, daily, weekly, monthly)
- How do you ensure home and child safety?
- What will be your first action in times of emergency?
- How do you contact United States childcare services?
- How would you handle emotional situations?
- How would you handle extremely naughty children?
- How do you provide child growth, performance and food feedback?
- Do you have any health problems?
- Do you smoke?
- What are your hobbies?
- When can you start?
- Are you comfortable working on holidays?