Pharmaceutical Sales Interview Questions
A pharmaceutical sales field is a never dying career option. It can even resist acute economic slowdown. This is the reason why many pursue their career as a pharmaceutical salesman. Given the abundance of candidates available for the job, it becomes absolutely necessary to be an excellent contender.
While candidates with science backgrounds are strongly preferred; some employers are also keen to employ those with previous experience in sales. Pharmaceutical sales interviews do not differ much from the conventional interviews. They cover almost the same questions which delve into their educational and professional background.
The questions may differ as per your individual profile and experiences. Be prepared to answer the following questions during a pharmaceutical sales job interview.
A candidate with science background can prepare for following interview questions.
- Why do you choose to be a pharmaceutical salesman? What do you think is a scope for a pharmaceutical sales job?
- Pharmaceutical sales job is different from the other sales jobs. Do you think you are the right person for this?
- What qualities must a pharmaceutical sales person possess? Which of those qualities do you associate yourself with? Which qualities do you lack? And, how do you plan to make up for the lack of these qualities?
- In what way do you think you will be able to grow as a pharmaceutical sales professional?
- What do you know about our company?
- How early do you think you will be able to make a considerable contribution to our company?
In addition to these, there can be questions relating to the technical aspect of the job. Hence, it is necessary to be well versed with the technical terms. Additionally, make it a point to know more details about the products that the company manufactures.
If you are a candidate with an experience in sales but no science background, these are the questions that you can expect.
- What are your intentions behind switching to pharmaceutical sales at this stage?
- Give us three reasons why we should hire you?
- What is your area of responsibility in your current organization?
- How would you compare pharmaceutical sales job with your current sales job?
- How would you get an appointment with a physician who refuses to see pharmaceutical sales representatives?
- Do you think you are persuasive enough to convince a doctor to use our drug?
- How do you perceive a normal working day of a pharmaceutical sales representative?
- How would your ex-employer describe you? What would he say about your sales talent?
- What challenges do you think are ahead of you as a pharmaceutical sales representative?
You can also ask certain questions that will smoothen out any doubts in your mind regarding the job profile.
- Do you have intensive training sessions? For how long?
- Are the sales targets often reviewed? How frequently are they reviewed?
- I wish to maintain a prolonged relation with this company. What contribution can I expect from the company to my career growth?