Second Interview Tips
A call for the second interview means you have successfully convinced the interviewers to believe that you are the right choice for the post. A second interview is your second chance to imprint your suitability for the job.
A second interview is a comprehensive sequel to the first meeting that delves more into the technical details. Thus, you can expect this meeting to stretch for an entire day.
Second Interview Tips :
- First of all, contact the concerned person to get an agenda of your interview. Second interviews may include a series of group and individual interviews, a guided tour of the company, meeting with departmental heads, staff etc. You can thus plan your preparations accordingly.
- Review your first interview and brush up on the areas where you scored well with the interviewers. These are the qualities that landed you in a second interview. Certainly the interviewers want to know more about you and repeating yourself without alterations will not help much. Hence, make sure to emphasize your skills in an enhanced manner.
- Assuming that you have adequately researched about the company in the previous interview, so it is time to move on to more intrinsic details. Try to gain an access to some detailed information of the company through a known person who wouldn't be conducting your interview. In case you do not have any inside connections, look up the online discussion forums and check up the news for current happenings of the company.
- If you have to face more than one interviewer, make sure you look at each one of them while answering and not just the person who has posed you the question.
- Second interview is a grueling process where you are under continuous pressure, having to undergo intensive question answer session, tests and extensive negotiations. You have to constantly keep your confidence and stress level under control to score well during your second interview.
- Prepare for every kind of question that can be asked. Behavioral and stress interview session could be a part of your second interview.
- You can expect salary negotiations to be included in your second interview. Negotiate smartly and try to convince the interviewers of your abilities and worth. At the same time, avoid being stubborn.
- Even during the second interview, you are expected to put forward your queries and doubts. Ask job related questions that will clarify your role in the organization.
- After the interview, if you have a guided tour of the company scheduled, make sure you greet the manager or the head of the department.
- If you are made an offer, it is not necessary that you have to accept it immediately. You can request for some time to communicate your decision.
- To end the interview, ask for the subsequent procedures and when and how they would notify the result.
- After your interview, send a thank you note to each of the interviewers and mention your appreciation for their time.
These were the important tips that a candidate should not ignore while preparing for the second interview.