Teachers Interview Questions
To succeed in a teacher's interview you should be able to convey your enthusiasm and passion for teaching.
In the beginning, interviewers can ask the standard questions to get a gist of your background. Thus, you can expect being asked about your educational background, training information and a profile or a resume.
Common Teachers Interview Questions :
Then, get ready teachers. Here is your questionnaire.
- Why do you want to be a teacher?
You will have to explain the reasons for selecting teaching as a profession. Answer could be, I have passion for teaching from childhood, got an inspiration from someone to become teacher etc.
- How would you define a good teacher?
Do not answer this question just by listing good qualities of teacher. Try a different approach to this question. Think about your school days and remember what your idea about 'Good Teacher' was.
- What do you think about the current public education system?
To answer this question, you need to be aware about the current educational scenario of your country. Read about its positive and negative aspects in the newspapers or in any reliable media.
- What is the most difficult thing about teaching?
Prepare for this question in advance. Talk to teachers and discuss their difficulties regarding this profession. Handling difficult students, immense paperwork, lack of proper resources are the hindrances commonly faced by teachers.
- In what way you will motivate the students?
It must have also been a part of your training. You should choose the one that appeals to you the most and should be able to say why you think your method is the best one to impel the students.
To answer following questions, you need to do a lot of thinking and homework in advance. You should have a clear outline of your strategies to alter the ways of teaching. Give a step by step explanation of your approach and justify the same.
- Every student has different learning capacity. How would you adjust your teaching style to accommodate the various learning styles?
- How can you make learning fun?
- How do you plan your teaching sessions?
- How would you define an ideal classroom?
- Can innovative projects help in fast learning? In what way do you think it contributes to the learning process?
- What steps would you take to improve the performance of a slow learner?
Behavioral questions are also an integral part of a teacher's interview. Teachers have to face a lot of difficult situations and tackling those needs immense patience and expertise. Following are the behavioral interview questions that teachers have to answer.
- Describe a situation where you had to pacify an unreasonable student.
- How will you deal with an unacceptable behavior by a parent?
- Give me an example of how you helped a student overcome his/ her difficulties.
- Describe how you would introduce unique teaching techniques in your classroom.
A good amount of preparation is necessary to secure a job as a teacher. Hence, make sure you have your impressive answers ready for these questions.