Event Coordinator Job Description
Event organization is a lucrative business. The money that is generated by this industry can be counted in billions. Glitz and glamour, this industry is full of it. Therefore, consider a career as an event coordinator. For more information, read the event coordinator job description we have provided for your benefit.
Behind all the colored lights and display lies the hard work of the event coordinator. Event coordinators are the ones that have the herculean task of organizing the event. They have to coordinate with each person that is involved in organizing, even if one thing is out of order, the whole event will fail. Hence, the task of the coordinator is extremely important for the event to be a success.
The coordinators work starts from the planning stages itself, they have to be involved with the planning of the whole event. They are the ones that delegate work to the right people. The event coordinator could be the one with the original idea, or they could have been hired by the client to organize their event. Event coordinators are also hired on project basis. There are agencies which provide the services of event coordinators. The coordinator will then take over the idea of the client and execute their event.
The event coordinator manages everything; they hire the other experts, prepare budgets with the client, buy all the necessary equipment, and arrange for the promotion of the event amongst many other things. These are just a few of the thing that an even coordinator does, to know about it in more detail, read the event coordinator job description.
Duties and responsibilities of an event coordinator
- Organizing the complete event from scratch
- Planning the whole event with the client
- Fixing upon a budget with the client
- Implementing the budget and making sure the costs do not overshoot it
- Delegate duties to respective individual according to their capabilities
- Interview and hire the right people
- Coordinate with all the departments involved in the organization of the event
- Check the inventory before the event
- Make sure everything is in order before the promotion of the event
- The posters and advertisements should be up in the right time
- If there are any delegates that are to be present, the coordinator will make the correct appointments and make the payments to them well before the event
- Arrange for the stay of the delegates and make all arrangements for them to be at the event on time
- Take all the necessary permission required for the event
- Make sure all the concerned people are present at the event
Education required for an event coordinator
- A bachelors' degree from a good institute
- Certificate courses in event organization are an added advantage
- Experience organizing events
It is a dream of every coordinator to have their own agency, and after gaining some experience, most coordinators stat their own agency.