Administrative Assistant Resume Template
Administrative Assistant Resume
Candidates seeking a job as an administrative assistant have a reason to cheer, since the openings for this occupation are expected to rise in the next few years. If you are keen on reaping benefits from this opportunity and making a career as an administrative assistant, then here is an administrative assistant resume template to help you in your endeavors.
As organizations expand in their business operations, there is an increased possibility of chaos and miscommunication. Hence, a strong leadership is required at the top to ensure all activities proceed consistently with the plans. This responsibility is shouldered by the administration department of an organization. An administrative assistant plays a pivotal role in supporting the administration department of the organization. Now a days, an administrative assistant performs lesser number of clerical tasks. His role has evolved into that of a communications manager. He is expected to disseminate information via emails, websites, and telephone to ensure the information reaches the right recipient at the right time. Also, maintaining confidentiality within the business proceedings comes under his responsibilities. Additionally, he is responsible for planning meetings, scheduling appointments, and maintaining files.
Requirements of Ideal Administrative Assistant Resume Template
In order to get a job of an administrative assistant, your resume shall reflect the necessary attributes. These essential attributes include an accurate summary of credentials, educational details, and job experience. It's always advisable to mention your achievements, career interests, and key skills in order to keep your resume updated with ongoing tasks. We have mentioned here a few key factors that must be reflected in an administrative resume.
- Adopt a reverse chronological order for your resume. Describe your job profile in reverse chronological order, mentioning the current job first. These shall be followed by other jobs done previously. Mention your primary responsibilities at the top, followed by the secondary responsibilities. Remember to enlist all the major job responsibilities handled by you in your previous organizations.
- Begin your resume with contact details and later add key skills, work experience, educational details, achievements and personal details. End the resume with references.
- Due to increasing use of technology in offices, it is recommended that you mention your computer skills explicitly. As the use of computers has become indispensable, having good computer knowledge will surely add importance to your resume template. Highlight your proficiency in using business software and MS office tools.
- Every administrative professional is required to possess strong communication skills, competent organizational skills, and proficient coordination skills. Since all functions are managed centrally by the administration department, he is the first point of contact for all employees and associates; he is expected to be efficient at these skills.
- An administrative professional is required to have knowledge in various departments of a business - marketing, finance, human resource, production, sales, etc. Draft a resume that highlights your proficiency over all these areas and proves you as a wise administrator. Additionally, present a brief overview of your knowledge in the field where your organization works.
- The career objective of an administrative professional must reflect his willingness to lead and manage the work of the organization as a whole. It must highlight his ability to coordinate work that is spread over several departments and ensure consistency in performance. Convey how your abilities will prove beneficial in improving work productivity and reducing wastages of resources.
This administrative assistant resume template attempts at giving tips and guidelines to job seekers for drafting their resume. We hope that with the help of these tips, you are you are able to draft an impressive resume and attain your dream job.
Sample Administrative Assistant Resume Template 1
An Administrative Resume needs to highlight your interpersonal and communication skills effectively that can win you can an interview call.
Below is the attention-grabbing sample resume for the post of an administrative assistant.
421 Main Street,
Los Angeles, CA
Home: (584)-795 4590
Cell: (098) 9365551235
Seeking a challenging post as an administrative assistant in a reputed organization, that will utilize my skills and enhance my capabilities further.
- Strong interpersonal & organizational skills
- Excellent knowledge office etiquette and phone manner
- Computer proficiency in Ms-Word, Excel, PowerPoint, office and Windows operating systems
- Typing speed: 80wpm
2000 - Present
ABC Pharmaceuticals, Los Angeles, CA
- Coordinating meetings, events and travel arrangements of top officials
- Developing computerized database of customers
- Typing company's corporate presentations, correspondence and annual reports
- Trained new employees with latest office technology
1998 - 2000
XYZ Chamber of Commerce, Chicago, IL
- Organized Annual meetings and conferences
- Responsible for typing all company correspondence
- Played a key role in production of company's monthly newsletter
- Answered phone queries of customers and clients
BA (Hons) 1997
Social Policy and Social Politics University of Calfornia, Los Angeles
Sample Administrative Assistant Resume 2
Here is the sample of an Administrative assistant resume that will give you a fair idea about creating an effective resume.
A high impact resume is your first step to impress the prospective employer, thereby securing you a interview call.
205, North Street, Johnson City,
Strong written & oral communication skills, interpersonal and organizational skills with proven capability to multi-task.
PQR Systems Pvt ltd, Asheville - $1.5 billion Annual Sales
2008 - present
Held positions of high responsibility for this automotive ancillary company with clients in Boston, Los Angeles and Washington.
2006 - 2008
- Providing administrative support to various departments head and prepare direct reports
- Coordinating on site and off-site meetings of delegates and administrative heads
- Maintain machinery tracking records, and manage direct vendor relations
- Plan and organize various corporate agendas, events and travel arrangements
Administrative Assistant/ Word processor
2003 - 2006
- Worked as document management support and prepared numerous corporate presentations, financial spreadsheets and organizational charts
- Actively supported strategic planning and document preparation activities
- Played a key role in shift from DOS platform to LAN platform and useful Ms-office modules
Computer proficiencies include Microsoft word, Excel, PowerPoint, Office, Adobe Photoshop, CorelDraw, HTML, Internet browsing capabilities.
University of Auburn
Coursework in Business Administration, Auburn, Alabama