Academic Advisor Resume
Academic advisors are the easy point of contact for students when they need guidance in academic-related matters. They help students in setting career goals and also guide and mentor them to achieve them. These advisors assist students in simplifying academic learning process. Though they work with students bearing different intelligent levels, they most spend more time with 'at-risk students.' They speak to such students in person, meet their parents, discuss with class teachers, and provide strong solutions for their problems. Throughout the academic journey of students, these academic advisors contribute their knowledge in shaping up their career.
Academic advisors work at schools, colleges, and universities. Other employment settings where these educational professionals work are trade schools, technical institutes, and community colleges. As education is the first requirement that need to be complete for a better future, the job scope is in plenty. However, the job is not easy as many students cannot decide what career to choose and how to pursue study. If you can help students pick career that fits with their interest and skills, you can surely create a difference in this lives.
Academic Advisor Resume Sample
Antonio B. Vella
3560 Harley Vincent Drive
Garfield Heights, OH 44125
I believe taking the right decision at the right time matters a lot in order to build a successful career. Students lack this quality as they are not mature and don't get proper guidance. I want to help such students by working as an academic advisor with your college and help them set and achieve academic as well as career goals.
Summary of Skills:
- Strong student counseling experience and knowledge of academic learning process
- Excellent ability to converse in English and German language in writing and verbally
- Adept at collecting, compiling, and interpreting data and reports
- Skilled in preparing academic calendars for students and scheduling appointments
- Ability to take decisions, guide, and mentor students throughout their academic journey
- Skilled in analyzing and solving problems of students
- Expert in evaluating student records and working with 'at-risk students'
St. Bishop's College, Garfield Heights, OH
October 2014 - Present
- Providing pre-registration and general academic counseling to students
- Assessing students' records and working with 'at-risk students'
- Assisting students understand academic learning process and setting academic goals for them
- Evaluating interests and skills of students and searching them the right career
- Conducting workshops for students on various topics and solving their problems
- Maintaining complete and details records of students and serving as the first point of contact
- Providing support, guidance, and facilitating educational resources for students
Dolphin Community College, Garfield Heights, OH
February 2013 - September 2014
- Provided academic support and assistance to students in group and individually
- Maintained records of and evaluated effect of advices on students
- Personalized academic counseling according to financial background and intelligence level of students
- Helped students pick the right courses with career potential for the future
- Assisted students in admissions processes, hostel accommodation, library access, and enrolling in scholarship programs
- Drafted and distributed newsletters on college cultural and sports activities
- Participated in meetings of college advising committee and recommended professional development courses
Bachelor's Degree in Social Sciences
ABC University, Garfield Heights, OH