Assistant Principle Resume
Assistant principal has complete understanding of the educational system. He or she gains this position after gathering a few years of teaching experience. A person at this position performs various duties in any elementary or high school. Therefore, your resume should generate the feelings and confidence among the school authorities that you are capable of succeeding at the job. For this, you need to highlight certain valuable skills without which it is impossible to perform and execute the responsibilities as an assistant principal. This sample resume has most of the essential skills adding which your resume can be impressive.
David C. Decesare
870 Patterson Road
New York, NY 10001
A position of an assistant principal in a high school where my teaching experience can help in building goodwill and improving percentage of passing students each year.
Summary of Skills:
- Strong ability to improve course syllabus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in establishing cooperative and personal relationship with staff, faculty and students.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Great public relations skills and leadership qualities
- Excellent in program presentation and conference planning
- Highly innovative in developing different techniques and tools for making learning interesting
Computer Skills: Proficient with
- MS Office
- Microsoft Excel
Albany Community Charter School, New York, NY
2011 - present
- Responsible for applying systematic procedures to review the effectiveness of educational programs
- Developing and implementing improvement plans by analyzing and using school and student achievement data
- Supervising and evaluating staff
- Ensuring following up of the state and federal laws, ACCS policies and procedures
- Responsible for working with teachers, parents and educational management team for improvement of students' records
- Developing master schedule and related duties
- Reviewing course syllabus and making necessary changes
- Attending class to observe teaching styles of staff
An Edison Partnership School, New York, NY
2009 - 2011
- Managed the house teaching team that includes supervising and counseling resident and senior teachers.
- Arranged and presided over parent meetings
- Ensured regular communication with parents, community and staff
- Delivered lectures to the school staff on improving students' IQ level
- Helped principle or academy director in the performance appraisal process
- Visited corporate companies for school donation
Master's Degree in Education
New York University, New York, NY
Available upon request.