The business policies of a private organization are heavily dependent upon the government policies regarding the regional/national economy, which in turn depends upon mathematical and statistical studies carried out by the expert people called as Economists.
An economist can work in government sector as well as may find employment in private sector. Vital functions carried out by the economist are:
- Collecting statistical data about the use of resources by people, communities, groups, organizations and re-arranging it in a standard, revisable format
- Finding interesting trends and patterns out of the data and drawing decisive conclusions out of it
- Assisting senior officials in decision making by providing quality advice
Apart from these main functions, there are plenty of other tasks. Refer to the following sample resume to get a clearer idea.
456, X Street, Y Avenue
Los Angeles, CA - 90008
To obtain an economist position in an institution/organization that works in an intensive professional manner and offers tremendous career growth opportunities.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Significant work experience as an economist with eminent organizations
- In-depth knowledge of theoretical formulation and mathematical inferring of complex problems
- Notable momentum in utilizing statistical tools and executing related arithmetic
- Greater scientific aptitude with absolute solution striving work attitude
- Tremendous variety in experience
- Substantial fluency in English communication and comprehension
- Immense command over computer tools and web search engines
- Extra-ordinary performance records as both individual performer as well as a team player
XYZ Business Research Institute, Los Angeles, CA
2012 - present
- Collecting, compiling and analyzing statistical data
- Consulting with clients regarding their perspective and expectations of an economic research of their business
- Planning and formulating strategies to be followed and distributing the arithmetic tasks among the subordinates
- Studying the allocation and acquiring of goods and services
- Focusing on the aspects that affect production, pricing structure, and overall profit
ABC University, Lost Angeles, CA
2009 - 2012
- Processed the received data by applying statistical tools and reorganized it in standard formats
- Determined simple trends and patterns out of the visual representation of the data
- Carried out rigorous calculations and formulations to achieve deeper inference level
- Refined and transformed the search results in the standard formats and forwarded the respective reports to the concerned senior officials
Completed post graduation in Economics from California State University, CA (2008)
A commerce graduate with specialization in economics from Welsh Commerce School, Los Angeles, CA (2006)
An active member of C.A.S.E (California Association of Social Economists), a committee studying the social impacts of the economic decisions of the state government.
Will be available on request.
Related Links :
Business Development Resume