Hairdressing career is evolving through new trends and techniques these days. More and more people are attracted to work in this field due to the increasing fashion market. A person working as a hairdresser can avail career advancement opportunities as hairstyle expert or a fashion expert.
The qualities expected of a hair dresser are
- Familiarity with various hairstyles and hair-trimming techniques
- Knowledge of solutions, gels, hair creams, and other cosmetics
- Excellent dexterity at handling different hairdressing tools
Following is the sample resume for your reference.
Kathleen J. Holler
43 Half and Half Drive
Fresno, CA 93721
To seek a position of a Hairdresser in a reputed saloon and offer unique haircuts and incredible customer service.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Vast work experience as a hairdresser
- Perfect eye-hand coordination with superior work efficiency
- Close exposure to various types and properties of hairs
- Excellent dexterity in using tools such as cutter, trimmer, comb, etc.
- Immense knowledge of the common hair problems and their primary remedies
- Tremendous knowledge of various gels and solutions to achieve expected look and style for the hairs
- Good communication skills and knowledge of coloring, styling and shampooing
- Ability to sell a new hair-care product to customers by convincing them about its superiority
- Great enthusiasm and work potential
ABC Unisex Salon, Los Angeles, CA
2012 - present
- Greeting customers with pleasant verbiage and understanding their hair-cut expectations
- Arranging all the necessary tools and substances by the time the customer relaxes on the seat
- Cutting and trimming hairs as per the predetermined styles with intense care
- Talking to customers on topics of their interest to ward off boredom
- Utilizing gels and solutions for special functions and informing the customers about the same
- Inquiring customers at the end of work to ensure their satisfaction
DEF Salon, Los Angeles, CA
2009 - 2012
- Conversed with customers regarding their hair properties and their preferences of a particular hair style
- Applied various preprocessing techniques to soften the hairs
- Trimmed the hairs as per the specified style
- Carried out procedures for cleaning the hairs, such as vaporizing, solution cleaning, etc.
- Cut, trimmed and shaped hair as requested
- Analyzed the type of hair and suggest relevant hair-care products to customers
- Accepted customers appointments according to their convenience
Associated Degree in Cosmetology
XYZ University, Los Angeles, CA
High School Diploma
St. Xavier's High School, Los Angeles, CA
Undergone a three month certification course in "Hair-styling and Hair-care" from XYZ professional training institute.
Will be available on request.
Related Links :
Salon Receptionist Resume