Research Director Resume
Research directors supervise the preparation and management of annual and capital budget. They study the organizational systems, policies and programs using sound research techniques and methods. They supervise the management activities, prepare budget, evaluates ongoing programs, and perform general administrative research and capital improvement programming. When working with the TV and film production companies, the jobholders direct various activities of motion picture and television production research department to manage various subjects to make sure the historical realism for productions. These incumbents do research on specific period, historical or locality event to obtain reliable background for production such as speech, customs, dress, characteristics, etc.
The job of a research director is also concerned with the citywide budgeting. The person gives advice to members of production staff related to historical details of photography or recording. He collects data such as pamphlets, books, rare newspapers, periodicals to provide source material for research. The person also supports or suggests purchase of library reference materials for department.
Sample Research Director Resume
Joseph N. Dunn
3092 Joanne Lane
Franklin, MA 02038
To work as a research director with a manufacturing company and help in enhancing collection and study of data related to research, and reporting.
Summary of Skills:
- Strong experience of client management and product research
- Outstanding consulting skills and proficiency in enhancing research protocols
- Proficient in cause analysis and leading projects for launching new products
- Ability to handle logistics functions and plan and execute team activities
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to collaborate and influence a team for excelling in the business
MTC Company, Franklin, MA
October 2014 - Present
- Responsible for planning, gathering and applying studies to weigh up the marketing effectiveness and to determine the return of investment
- Finding out appropriate methodologies, advertising media and practices to give up accurate, credible results of product performance
- Helping in conforming legislative proposals and requests
- Observing and participating in various qualitative researches
- Producing economic contact, visitor tracking and other research studies.
- Duties such as contracts selection, monitoring the progress, deciding disputes and checking of progress are also done.
- Developing and supporting budgets and scopes of work
Hanley Wood Products, Franklin, MA
February 2013 - September 2014
- Directed a team for market research, data collection, and coordinated with the production department for quality control
- Written reports on real estate market trend in Franklin and neighboring areas
- Tutored team members on various aspects of land development and housing projects
- Recruited, trained, advised and coached the staff on product knowledge, research methodology and company objectives
- Helped regional sales director to solve client's demands, product difficulties and inquiries
- Controlled Franklin office budget as per the corporate rule
- Bachelor's Degree in Business
ABC University, Franklin, MA