Sample Retail Resume
Retail stores have been sprouting up and making shopping convenient for the people. Besides, these stores are also offer employment to many who are not highly educated. They offer excellent career option for those who seek part-time and full-time jobs. One can work as a clerk, attendant, cashier, supervisor, salesperson, etc. in any retail store. Typical responsibilities of a retail job include attending customers walking into the store, and listening and meeting their needs. Some of the workers in the retail store may handle phone calls, solve customer's problems regarding a product, monitor inventory, accounts, and handle store display.
This retail resume sample is crafted for job seekers who are aiming for a retail sales career. We have compiled all the qualities that are required for a career in retail sales.
Retail Resume Template
Herman T. Jeffers
4004 Old Dear Lane
La Grange (Dutchess), NY 12540
Seeking an excellent opportunity to work in the retail industry, where I can utilize my sales and customer service skills to manage various functions of a retail shop.
Summary of Skills:
- Strong knowledge of retail store operations and management
- Highly ambitious and the ability to take responsibility for work
- Excellent communication and report writing skills
- Excellent sales skills and inventory management abilities
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Power point and Internet
- Ability to work under pressure and in a target driven work environment
Tom Super Store, La Grange (Dutchess), NY
October 2015 - Present
- Maintaining records of promotion and sales tasks and payment transactions
- Responding to phone calls and answering queries regarding purchase and offers
- Studying customers' taste needs and planning purchase accordingly
- Calculating figures related to purchases, sales, credit and cash payment, etc.
- Ensuring safety of the shop and handling the situations such as theft and security risks
- Providing information to customers about a product, its use, maintenance and operations
Klein's Department Store, La Grange (Dutchess), NY
February 2012 - September 2015
- Helped customers select the best footwear for regular wear
- Increase daily sales quota by 15% and contributed in the revenue of the store
- Controlled activities related to sales, purchases, sales return, cash or credit payments, accounting, etc.
- Assisted in preparing shift schedules and designating tasks to store employees
- Submitted monthly records to the seniors and set sales target for the coming months
- Interacted with vendors for checking availability, pricing, and buy-backs options, returning damaged product, and ordering customized goods
High School Diploma
St. Xavier School, La Grange (Dutchess), NY