Desktop Support Technician Resume
The position of desktop technician help staff with technical support of desktop computers, applications and other related technology that includes testing and installation of computer systems. They identify network problems and trouble shoots software and hardware failures. He or she is also responsible for helping with training, implementation and research of new technologies that help to meet the growing needs of the company. They are also responsible for providing basic trouble shooting help for personal computer users. Desktop support technician help customers by providing on-site field support by servicing, installing and repairing the systems and equipment.
The other activities include isolation, research, resolution, and recognition and follow up steps. The person applying for this position should be having good communication skills with great desire to work. They provide analytical and in person technical support. He or she answer customer questions to resolves issues. Responsible for other duties as assigned.
Sample Desktop Support Technician Resume
1234, West 67 Street,
Carlisle, MA 01741,
Objective: Looking for the greatest opportunity to work as desktop support technician for a reputed company.
- Able to handle 20+ calls per day.
- Strong experience of XP and MS office support.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong capability in supporting Laptop or PC Hardware and Software.
- Able to use remote control software application such as VNC.
- Responsible for other duties as assigned.
Desktop Support Technician
- Window NT/2000/2003 Server
- MS Office
- MS Exchange Server
- MS SQL
- Take responsibilities of maintained user security accounts for window 2003 including Desktop configuration, network connectivity, network access issues and printer connectivity.
- Load new or update software and systems on existing equipment.
- Responsible for managing LAN/WAN installation and arrangement for Network PCs performing connectivity, system setup, daily backup, network virus inoculation, hardware and software trouble shooting Etc.
- Done installation and configuration of windows NT/2000/XP/professional and applications.
- Responsible for troubleshooting, installation, configuration and repairing computer systems.
- Responsible for performing hardware and software performance regularly.
- Done other duties as assigned.
A degree in Computer Science
References: Available upon request.