Accounting Director Resume
- Accounting Resume
- Accounting Director Resume
An accounting director is the head officer of the accounts department in an organization. They plan, guide and review all the accounting activities. They check the effectiveness of the executed financial plans and policies of the organization. They study accounting statements and verify if the expected profits were achieved or not. With the help of efficient control measures, they bridge the gap between planning and executing.
Accounting Director Resume
Address: 12 E, high Street, Seattle, WA 23110
Email id: Richard_j@example.com
Contact no: 123 - 456 - 9911
Seeking the position of an accounting director in an organization where my accounting and finance expertise can be utilized to build a strong financial system for the organization.
- Well acquainted with every minute detail of GAAP, GAAS, SEC and other statutory obligations related to accounting
- Ability to work in high-pressure situations and offer prompt solutions to resolve the accounting issues
- Excellent communication and coordination skills that help to build a team and synchronize their activities effectively
- Capable of introducing innovations in the organization as per the changing trends in the market
ABC Inc, Seattle
January 2008 - till date
- Ensure that the staff in the accounting department has the essential training, knowledge, equipment and other resources crucial for completing assigned responsibilities.
- Supervise the monthly, quarterly and yearly close process of accounts. Ensure that all statutory obligations have been duly met in the preparation of accounts.
- Study the financial statements of the organization and compare actual outcome with the planned results. Note the variations and give suggestions to the management of the organization to reduce these deviations
- Examine the financial statements and recognize the inefficient operational areas and those areas with potential of higher gains.
- Prepare budget plans and allocate necessary resources to the highly efficient operational areas.
LMN Inc, Seattle
September 2003 - December 2007
- Coordinate the activities of bookkeepers, accountants, controllers, analyst and auditors to ensure smooth functioning of the account department.
- Monitor the preparation of the final summarized financial statement. Check for any frauds or misstatements. Confirm that the true financial position of the organization is reflected in the statement
- Design and implement measures to improve the efficiency of the accounting system, procedures and practices
- Coordinate with the tax consultant to prepare and file tax returns
XYZ Inc, Seattle
March 2000 - August 2003
- Furnish the necessary information to internal and external auditors
- Receive details about for every monetary transaction of the organization and post corresponding entries in ledger accounts.
- Manage payroll accounts. Keep a record of employees' attendance and compute the total salary payable to each employee at the end of every month.
- Master's in Business Administration - Accounting & Finance
Seattle University, 2000
- Certified Public Accountant
State of Washington, 1998
- Ability to perform work as well as train staff on using various accounting softwares like quickBooks, Peachtree and MYOB
- Capable of handling MS Office applications and spreadsheet
Will be provided on request